Young Kiwi raising money to buy/build a "tiny home"
I am trying to raise money so I can buy or build/buy a homeCanterbury
I am Brittany, 26 years old. I am looking at alternative options if I wish to have a home to call my own. I have a dream of owning/building my own tiny home! Essentially it is a cabin on wheels or if not a cabin on wheels then a campervan that can be parked up on land. Alternatively if the opportunity arises where I have the option to build something permanent on land I would potentially build a small eco home as a more permanent dwelling. The tiny home movement is taking off all over the world- especially for young people like me who are looking for a more realistic and more affordable, environmentally friendly way to own a home! If I could raise enough to buy one it would be a dream come true- or if I could buy reclaimed and recycled materials in order to build one myself. Any funds I receive will go to buying a cabin on wheels or a campervan or building a stationary tiny home. Any surplus donations would go towards necessities for setting up the home such as furniture, vehicle modification or work that needs to be done on the interior.
Thank you for your interest and potential donation.
Pro's of having a tiny house:
- environmentally friendlier, both in terms of the resources and processes it takes to build (particularly if using a rammed earth or cob method- and/or using reclaimed materials such as wood/glass/sinks etc that have had a previous life and may otherwise go to waste), also the running of the home as tiny homes tend to be off grid/able to be off grid, using solar panels, composting toilet, rain water collection etc, they also take up less space and can be portable so mass soil erosion/land clearing is not necessary.
- cheaper to build or buy than the traditional home so home owning without a mortgage is possible
- can be portable so you can build a house before/without owning land
- less reliance on mainstream plumbing and power
- lower energy bills- if any! Less reliance on unsustainable sources of energy
- allows people to learn how to build their own homes and make them personalized
Use of funds
The funds will be spent on buying a cabin on wheels
Other page links
Thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far, I have been so surprised with the donations. I just wanted to post a little update although I have not spent any of the funds yet as I am still saving and receiving donations and planning what style of tiny home will be the best to start with- my plan is to buy a basic trailer cabin that I can then customize and renovate into a tiny home. I will add some links to the type of thing I am looking at getting. I keep the donations I have recieved in a separate account from my every day account so that it is all kept separate and will only be allocated to tiny home building/buying.
Thanks so much again, it is really amazing to hear from other people who are interested in the tiny home movement and I have been blown away by how much support I have recieved so far.
Wishing you well, Brittany
FundraiseYou can start a fundraiser to have your own page that raises money directly for the beneficiary.
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 31 Jan 2019 and closes on 31 Jan 2020.