Youth & Community Centre Development New Brighton
To develop part of our current facility (an old supermarket) into a modern, purpose built youth and community facility that hosts local age
Youth Alive Trust has ran hundreds of programmes for thousands of young people in our building for over 20 years. The facility was not built for this purpose and therefore is not ideal, is very tired and earthquake damaged. New plans bring it into the 21st Century and allow even better support for this community!
Page created by
We are a Youth and Community Development Agency based on the East of Christchurch, that serves hundreds of children, young people and families every week, through our many programmes!
We currently do this through 10 key areas:
1) Weekly Youth Clubs including: Boys Club (Years 1 – 6), Girls Club (Years 1 – 6), Kitchen Klub (Years 6-9), Craft Club (Years 6 – 9), Rock Solid (Years 7 – 8), Surge (Years 9 – 13), Basketball (Years 4 – 13), Dance Fitness and a Daily OSCAR (Years 5 - 8).
2) School Programmes supporting the students in class, on lunchtimes, and through extra curricula activities at Rawhiti Primary and South New Brighton Primary Schools.
3) Holiday Programmes run for three different age categories, Years 1 – 4, 5 – 9 one week every school holidays and Years 9 – 13 December, January and April.
4) Camps on overnight and weekends away throughout the year, such as Easter Camp, Winter Camp, Famine Sleepover, AMPED Camp, Father Son Camp and Mother Daughter Camp.
5) One-On-One Counselling and Mentoring,support, in school and in the community.
6) Library Youthwork Support in New Brighton everyday after school, on weekends, and school holidays.
7) Community Events such as the I Love New Brighton, School Fairs, EPIC Dance Parties, Family Fun Night and 3x3 Basketball.
8) Parenting & Pre-school Programmes and partnerships such as Playgroups, Breast-feeding Drop In, Parenting Toolbox Courses, Parenting Seminars and Babysitting Training.
9) Amplify Music School Instrument Lessons, Youth Bands and Recording Studio.
10) Volunteer Training & Support which builds leaders in our community, through helping our events and programmes and training events. We also host interns.
Got a question?Ask one here.
Got a question?Ask one here.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×