The Period Place - Help From Home 3
Let’s smash period stigma through a physical space dedicated to periods with education, access to products, and resources.Nationwide
Help us bring The Period Place to life!
We're crowdfunding to bring The Period Place to life - an actual, physical space that you can visit to talk about periods, learn about periods, and buy reusable period products!
Every donation you make between 4 May - 18 May in our crowdfunding campaign will have your name on the wall in our new home. Everyone who supports us financially deserves to be with us physically in this new space as we serve this kaupapa.
Our mission is to make Aotearoa the first country to achieve period equity (by 2030) and to do this we have identified the need to create a multipurpose safe space for people with periods and those who support them.
Aotearoa needs an inclusive space to:
- Facilitate holistic discussions between experts and the public (periods and gender, periods and nutrition, periods in the workplace, etc) through our 12-month period education programme
- Provide resources for people to further the period learning journey such as books, brochures, games, and learning tools
- Host The Period Place team and volunteer day-to-day operations, including a single distribution hub to send period products all around the country
- Ensure immediate access is available to free period products and education for people who need them, in three-month supply kits
- Host a marketplace with reusable period products from brands around Aotearoa, bringing the first permanent reusable marketplace to life, ensuring people can come and learn about reusable period products in a safe space, and feel the product ranges before investing in them
- Host exciting collaborations with industry partners, opening up the space to new networks constantly who can support our mahi, and also access our support.
Since 2017, we've distributed over 350,000 disposable and thousands of reusable period products have been delivered to people nationwide. Tens of thousands of period education brochures have been distributed through food banks, marae services, health clinics, hospitals and events. We've had incredible, vulnerable conversations with thousands of people across public spaces - on couches, in libraries, and across tables in cafes.
It's time now to show everyone in Aotearoa who gets a period how many people see their needs, and want to support them. Let's get doanting.
Aotearoa's biggest period advocacy charity - facilitating thousands of period conversations and providing hundreds of thousands of period products to those who need them.
Inclusive period education and support - we're on a mission to eliminate period inequity from society in Aoteaora, by 2030.
Support us to help us eliminate period stigma, provide education, and disposable and reuseable period products nationwide.
Use of funds
We are crowdfunding to bring The Period Place to life in Onehunga - an actual, physical space that you can visit to talk about periods, learn about periods, access free period products and buy reusable period products!
Other page links
Shout out to the lovely team at Saben for giving us two gorgeous wallets for two lucky donors! Congratulations to Erin and Kelly- we're so jealous! And a big thank you to everyone who donated while this giveaway was running; every dollar counts and we are so close to making this dream a reality!
Thanks Amanda! No promises with the wallet- we're all about fairness here at TPP ;)
We certainly will! Thanks Zoe!
We appreciate you, Tracy!
FundraiseYou can start a fundraiser to have your own page that raises money directly for the beneficiary.
Our other pages
Want to get in touch with The Period Place?Ask a question here
Want to display a QR code that links to this page?Grab a QR Code
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 23 Mar 2021 and closes on 23 Jun 2021.