What a month it’s been! 562 causes received 10,811 donations, and our grand total for February is $603,779.79.
The top 5 beneficiaries of February donations were:
1. Tobi and Sarah Lawton - the Te Aroha couple facing the cost of demolishing and rebuilding their termite-infested home
2. Vivian and Sophie Waller - the 20-year-old terminally ill mum creating a fund for her baby daughter’s future
3. Louis Corbett - the young boy facing blindness with a dream to see his favourite basketball team play
4. Chase Ngawati - the leukaemia sufferer determined to check a few more things off his bucket list
5. Shane Simpkins - the man who wants to get rid of his brain tumour once and for all with alternative treatments
The average donation was $55.85 and the largest donation was $5,000 to Leezas Fight Against Leukaemia & Bowel Cancer.
We have to give a special mention to Campbell Live and the record-breaking generosity of their viewers. Their cause for Tobi and Sarah Lawton, the owners of a termite-infested house, is our fastest Givealittle cause ever. At its peak, 32 donations were coming in per minute! Combined with the support of a building company, these donations mean that the Lawton family will be able to afford a new home.