The Kindness Institute - Run for Mental Health
Run this year’s Auckland Marathon for The Kindness Institute
We need your help to continue to do our mahi, empowering marginalised rangatahi in Aotearoa to transform their mental health and wellbeing — and that of those around them! We are asking our hapori (community) to run the Auckland Marathon this November and raise funds for The Kindness Institute. There’s something for everyone with options to run a full marathon, half marathon, 11km or the 5km kids marathon.
By taking part and helping us raise funds you’ll not only get the thrill from running and joy from giving but also:
- Guidance on how to raise funds prior to the race
- Vegetarian picnic after the race
- Warm-down yoga and breathing
- A kete of goodies from our awesome sponsors
All you need to do is;
1. Sign-up to the race https://aucklandmarathon.co.nz/enter-now/
2. Create a Give a Little page to start fundraising (link below)
3. We’ll send tips on how to engage your hapori
6. After the race, Give A Little will divert all funds you’ve raised to The Kindness Institute
Every bit of funding you raise will go directly to supporting our core programme, ATAWHAI, and the rangatahi who participate. We are encouraging people to raise $500+ which will go towards:
- Mentors – integral to deliver our programme and provide positive role modelling
- Operational costs – van hire, venue rental to host our monthly wânanga
- Training programmes – for our kaiako, facilitators and tuakana / alumni who finish ATAWHAI
- Staff wages – crucial to ensure our programme functions, including Youth Development Coordinator and Program Coordinator
We couldn't do it without you so deeply appreciate your tautoko!
If you need a hand writing Your Story when setting up your fundraising page please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com
Other page links
Got a question?Ask one here
This page closes on 8 Nov 2020.