Starting from 5pm on Friday 5th November 2021, going for 24-hours raising funds for Gumboot Friday.
From 5pm on Friday 5th November 2021 we are holding our 11th annual 24-hour challenge for charity. This year raising funds for Gumboot Friday - helping provide services for people with mental health issues throughout New Zealand.
Gumboot Friday was set up to replicate the idea of being stuck in mud all day being similar to how it feels to have depression. Although we aren't wearing gumboots we are opening our gym to everybody promoting people to come and challenge themselves physically, doing challenges they may not have done before to support this rising issue.
Any donation / sponsorship you can make would be huge to all of us participating in the challenge and of course for Gumboot Friday and the charity I Am Hope.
5 ways to get involved:
1. Come on in and do part of the workout with us anytime from 5pm on Friday 5th November through to 5pm on Saturday 6th November. Donate $10 and do as much or as little of the workout as you want. Made for anyone of any level and their will always be an 'instructor' on to assist you too.
2. Pick a personal challenge focused around endurance - test yourself how long you can exercise for (to a maximum of 24-hours) and get sponsored to do so.
3. Come on in and support the idea and the people going through their own challenges.
4. Be part of the volunteer crew to help run and support the day.
5. Do your own challenge from afar on the same day / weekend and get sponsored to raise funds.
We all have tough times now and then, but some much more so than others, however I believe by putting ourselves through tough situations like this we can only build stronger as individuals and a community.
So far we have the following personal challenges that will be taking place:
Blair Williamson is going for the Guinness World Record of 'Most burpees in 24-hours' aiming to hit over 12,000.
Brayden Johnson & Hamish McKenzie are aiming to complete the full 24-hour circuit workout non-stop.
Mark Kenworthy is aiming to complete 50km of walking / running within the 24-hour period.