Quinn Family - Sunrise Angels for Totara Hospice
To raise funds for a amazing organisation Totara Hospice. In Memory of Margaret Quinn.Auckland
As many of you know, this time last year we experienced the amazing care and support that Totara Hospice provides patients and their families.
As a family we have decided that we will raise funds again for a wonderful organisation in memory of Mum ( Margaret)
A little donation can go a long way. Please donate today to help us reach our goal. In 2018 we raised $3000!
If you are interested in participating in this event please visit http://www.sunrisewalk.co.nz for more details.
Please read below to know more about what Hospice provides.
Key Facts: Totara Hospice / www.hospice.co.nz
• Totara Hospice provides free multi-disciplinary, specialist holistic palliative care services to the districts of South and South East Auckland. We are a local charity and our community of approximately 480,000+ people is one of New Zealand's largest and most diverse.
• Totara Hospice provides free care to all eligible individuals and their families, so that patients and their whānau are able to focus on living every moment that they have left together. At Totara Hospice we embrace diversity of age, ethnicity, means, lifestyle or religion.
• Our services support those with life limiting illnesses such as cancers, heart, lung or kidney failure or neurological diseases such as motor neurone disease, with a focus on ensuring in every way possible that a persons final journey is experienced with comfort, care and dignity.
• Our broad team of staff provide physical, emotional, psychological and social care and support. We are proud to work alongside colleagues in our community including General Practice and Hospital teams to achieve the best outcomes possible for our patients and their families.
• One in every 3 New Zealanders will be touched by Hospice at some stage of their lives. Death doesn’t discriminate - the average of Hospice patients is 45 – 64 years old.
• Hospice is supported by over 600 volunteers who across the organisation in a variety of roles. In a financial year Totara Hospice’s volunteer workforce will contribute over 180,000 hours to Making Hospice Happen. If we were to pay for this in labour we would have additional operating costs of over $4milliion a year.
Dee Quinn's involvement (page creator)
Sunrise Angels for 2019 Sunrise Walk
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 22 Jan 2019 and closed on 30 Mar 2019.