Help the Cantabrainers Choir continue in 2019/2020Canterbury
The Cantabrainers Choir is a therapeutic choir for people with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis.
The Choir differs from other choirs as:
• the singing is about learning to use the voice effectively again, in a fun way. It is not about performance.
• it is run by a Registered Music Therapist and a Registered Speech Language Therapist.
• it is run in an environment where people with similar issues feel comfortable and less likely to be judged.
• it suits a wide range of abilities. You don’t have to be a ‘singer’.
• it works on group and individual goals.
• songs are chosen, developed and adapted to suit the needs of participants.
• it uses the principles of Neural plasticity
“Singing is an enjoyable way of practicing repetitive voice exercises.”
Andrew: “I can get my breathing better from singing and I can go louder and longer.”
Lois: “Choir helps me get my head around remembering things and learning things again.”
Sheila: “I enjoy it, I’m just very, very happy.
I can’t wait for the next week.”
Nev: “Finding words can be a struggle for me, the Choir is helping them to flow better.”
The Choir is funded by donations and grants.
We want to raise $5,000 to help enable the choir to continue in perpetuity in 2019/2020
We invite you to make a difference to a number of people’s lives by donating to the Cantabrainers Choir.