Help Cantabrainers Choir continue in 2021 and beyond
Cantabrainers Choir is a therapeutic choir for people with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis and brain injury.
Cantabrainers Choir differs from other choirs as:
• the singing is about learning to use the voice effectively again, in a fun way. It is not about performance.
• it is run by a registered Music Therapist and a registered Speech Language Therapist.
• it is run in an environment where people with similar issues feel comfortable and less likely to be judged.
• it suits a wide range of abilities. You don’t have to be a ‘singer’.
• it works on group and individual goals.
• songs are chosen, developed and adapted to suit the needs of participants.
• it uses the principles of Neural plasticity
“Singing is an enjoyable way of practicing repetitive voice exercises.”
Andrew: “I can get my breathing better from singing and I can go louder and longer.”
Lois: “Choir helps me get my head around remembering things and learning things again.”
Sheila: “I enjoy it, I’m just very, very happy. I can’t wait for the next week.”
Nev: “Finding words can be a struggle for me, the Choir is helping them to flow better.”
Cantabrainers Choir is funded by donations and grants.
We want to raise $5,000 to help enable the choir to continue in perpetuity.
We invite you to make a difference to a number of people’s lives by donating to Cantabrainers Choir.
Kia ora Tara, many thanks for your kind donation towards our mahi.
Many thanks for your kind donation!
Thank you for your kind donation!
Thank you so much for being an awesome human, Rachael! X