Dear supporters of Matuku Link,
Good news! It has been a roller coaster ride the last week, with so many great things happening…we started this campaign with $450,000 from the Native Forest Restoration Trust and $300,000 from the Nature Heritage Fund. Forest & Bird Waitakere and the Waitakere Ranges Protection Society pledged significant amounts as well. And – thanks to you! – our Givealittle campaign has seen over $100k pledged to this project so far!
We wanted to provide you with an update on how we are going to ensure that all of this wonderful effort all amounts to the successful purchase of the land.
1. Firstly, we have access to debt facilities and large pledges that mean we can reach our full target – and that also need a little more time to finalise;
2. Secondly, we are now ready to enter a contract on October 1st to purchase the land;
3. Thirdly, we will have until October 27th to raise and collect all of the funds needed to complete the purchase.
Based on the above, we are going to extend the campaign on Givealittle until October 27th. The main reasons for this are:
1. To continue to allow all supporters of the project to contribute in a way that is meaningful to them
2. To give us time for the larger pledges we have committed to be recorded towards the campaign (you’ll see these appear on the campaign over the coming weeks – stay tuned!)
3. Fundamentally to raise as much as possible as donations – so that the debt side of funding the purchase can be reduced.
Please continue to give generously and circulate the Givealittle campaign among your contacts to enable this beautiful piece of conservation land to be secured for ever… we’re almost there!
Thank you once again, the Matuku Link team:
John Sumich, John Staniland, Geoff Davidson, Chad Wilkie, Annalily van den Broeke, Advisory Board members Professor Dianne Brunton, Dr Cate Macinnes-Ng, Stephen Lethbridge, Tim Livingstone and patrons Sir Bob and Lady Barbara Harvey.
Login to leave a comment