Bringing Christmas Lights & Joy to Otara
- $425.00 donated
- 11 generous donors
We're on a mission to decorate a whole street in Otara!
We are on a mission to decorate a whole street in Otara. It's never been done before but this Christmas I want to enable those in my own community the chance to get to a place within walking distance to enjoy the joys of Christmas especially our young children. Many don't get the opportunity to see all the amazing lights and Christmas decor that goes on in the outer suburbs so I want to put an end to that and make one available right here starting this year and ongoing. We have chosen Cooper Crescent as it's residents are already well connected and getting it executed and bringing everyone on board will be super easy and sustainable. It's longevity will be ensured here. It is also off a main road with safe off street parking for all.
We have 10 lamp posts to decorate, approx 10 trees and 18 homes. So if you would like to help out or contribute to this please get in contact with us today we would really appreciate it.
We currently have nothing and are starting from scratch. The whole project once we have the necessary resources will be executed by the residents with planned events and surprise musicians to grace various nights on our Christmas street into the lead up to Christmas day.
Check out the street FB page and thank you for taking the time to read this. We really appreciate it!
WHAT WE NEED -
In terms on concrete resources, Laboring is pretty much covered as our whole street will be involved in that process however we welcome anyone else who would love to be part of that process when ready to execute. We are literally after anything and everything we can pull in to decorate the street so this includes:
- Good sized external fully decorated Christmas tree that will be placed half way down the street on one of the residents front property who has no fence.
- Solar Lights to be drape approx 10 trees of various sizes [4 being big], this includes homes and fence lines.
- Solar Light Motiffs to be placed around lawns, on fences, attached to light posts stands of which there are 10 on our street
- Tinsell which would be primarily used to wrap light posts and fence lines as well
- Any external decorations that we can drape off the trees and anywhere else.
- We aim to purchase materials from bunnings to construct a few pieces that will be displayed down the street that people can sit in, get photos with etc. This includes D.I.Y Lollipop stick stands made from pool noodles, Photo booth boards, North Pole stands at the top of the street, Re-furbished Pallet Christmas trees, & seats.
- Any other decor we pull it around that will be left up to the creative discretion of those helping to find a home for anywhere on the street.
It will open every night 3 weeks out from Christmas and on certain nights certain activities, musicians possibly even food stands will feature.
That's the goal.
To buy resources to complete this project.
Page created by:
We are the street co-ordinators for Cooper Crescent. We have a residents event planning committee that works together to plan events and get coms out to all residents via social media, txt and the old school door knocking.
All funds raised benefit:
Otara Cooper Crescent Neighbourhood Support
Funds will be paid to a verified bank account of Swanie Nelson on behalf of Otara Cooper Crescent Neighbourhood Support.
Email your friends & family×
Report this page×
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×