Main image

Drop It Like A Squat

Cause page created in the Community category by Johanna Smith for "Hohepa Hawkes Bay"

  • $241.00 donated
  • 8 generous donors

30 days of 100kg squats to raise awareness for Hohepha (Hawkes Bay)

Main image

I have been inspired by Chris Duffin (Kabuki Strength co-owner/world record holder) who squat 800lb/362kg once a day for 30 days in a row to raise awareness for the Oregon Special Olympics.

My younger brother Hayden is autistic and lives with a full time carer in a community called Hohepa, based in Hawkes Bay. "Through living and working in community life, people with a disability will grow to experience satisfying lives with as much independence as possible. Curative education, social therapy, a rich cultural life and biodynamic land-use combine to make Hohepa unique in the way it encourages the development of body, soul and spirit for all."

Government funding covers about 85% of the annual running costs for Hohepa, with the remaining 15% made up of donations. The community provides for 92 adult residents and 35+ children, with close to 260 full and part time co-workers.

Following in Chris' footsteps, I have been squatting 100kg once per day and will continue for 30 days total. All funds raised will be donated to Hohepa to assist in the great work they are doing for my brother and so many others.

All squats are recorded and uploaded to www.instagram.com/barbell.babes

All funds will be donated to Hohepa Hawkes Bay to contribute to the development and maintenance of the community.

Page created by:

Johanna Smith

Individual
Wellington

My younger brother Hayden has been living at Hohepa in Hawkes Bay for years and I don't know where my family would be without them! This organisation has helped shape Hayden's life and has given him the opportunity to grow and experience as much independence as possible.

All funds raised benefit:

Hohepa Hawkes Bay

Funds will be paid to a verified bank account of Johanna Smith on behalf of Hohepa Hawkes Bay.

  • $241.00 donated
  • 8 generous donors

$241 donated

$1,000

  Donate now   Add to plan

This cause page was created on 15 May 2018 and closes at 23:59 NZST (UTC +12:00) on 31 May 2018.

Donor Confidence Key  

  • Givealittle moderated
  • Donor validated
  • New Zealand registered charity
  • Eligible for tax credit

Concerned? Report this page

Email your friends & family

Customise (* required)

Separate using commas e.g. johnsmith@email.com, janesmith@email.com


×

The link has been copied

×

Report this page

Your details (* required)

×

Donor Confidence Key

Givealittle moderation

Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.

Donor validation

A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.

New Zealand registered charity

Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.

Tax credit eligibility

Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.

×