Back to page

🐾 Help Bring Indi Home — My Little Shadow Needs Us Now ❤️

  • Monday 12th October

      12 October 2026
    Main image

    Good morning 👋

    I recieved a phone call from the vets today at Massey and Indi is *clinically stable* thats excellent considering she wasnt expected to to make it through the surgery at all! Now look at her go!

    This is so exciting!

    More routine imaging and blood rests will be done later on today. Let's hope that they look good to!

    Will keep everyone updated on those results too 🫶

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment
  • Saturday 10th October

      10 October 2026
    Main image

    A early good morning to everyone 3.36am for me!

    Im a little lost for words - despite all the information surrounding Indi's prognosis yesterday, she has successfully come out of surgery. She is in recovery awake, but subdued from the pain medication.

    The surgery was around 3.5hrs long and they removed part of her liver node as that was ruptured from infection and no longer viable. They believe that the one removed may have been the cause for the spread of the septic infection in the rest of her abdomen. The rest of her liver is not out of the clear yet as that has been working more intensely trying to support the deficient part. Her gallbladder has no concerns yay! Her pancreas is rather inflamed however they think its contributed from the liver. Surgery went really well considering; no blood transfusion was needed (yet, 🤞 never). She has a feeding tube in as she hasn't eaten for a week ago when it all began. Theres a balancing act between making sure she doesn't get worse until we get the results from a few samples taken. For now the treatment is broad antibiotics until the results show us what type of bacteria it is then the correct one can attack it, continue with tube feeding.

    She has surprised everyone with the way she is still happy wagging her tail with no complaints of what's going on in the inside.

    I knew in my heart that she was strong and capable of handling this all like champ and that the other option didn't feel right to me.

    Intuition always wins.

    🫶🫶🫶🫶

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment
  • Indi needs surgery 🙏

      9 October 2026
    Main image

    To start i want to send a huge heartfelt thank you to everyone that has supported Indi and myself at this difficult time.

    I have come back to Massey Emergency Vet Hospital tonight (9th Oct) and have visited after getting some 'ruff' news.

    Today's findings after the call from the vet confirms that Indi has an infection in her abdomen which is placing further stress on her other vital roles. This infection is quickly turning septic.

    Tonight I was presented two options. One with immediate ending to Indi's time with me or the one that carries risks, complications and hope.

    I chose the one with hope. There was no middle option to take her home tonight and manage her needs that way.

    It was a black and white decision for me, much like her fluffy fur.

    It was a 'do and try pray for the best outcome or it was to do nothing at all and end it tonight'.

    Shes made it this far against all odds and has already surprised the vet team with her symptoms vs her data.

    Every minute was adding to her prognosis and I had to decide to take and a chance and save her.

    I am aware and understand this creates a even larger financial pressure for me, but I truly was not prepared to walk away knowing I didn't at least try and take that leap of faith.

    Indi will be in surgery now, and I can only keep faith and hope I made the best decision for my girl. As I am her advocate, I am her voice.

    Everything deserves a chance.

    Please if you are able, any donation big or small or a share is appreciated so much x

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment
  • PART FOUR BACKSTORY

      9 October 2026

    I truly would be forever grateful (and im certain Indi too!) if you could either donate what you can, big, little, small or medium! Or even a share on your profile to maybe reach those who may be in a position to assist Indi's time of need.

    I’m usually the person who tells people 'don’t feel sorry for me, I’ll be okay'. Im the first to admit this time that im not okay. So im putting my pride aside and unapologetically asking for a little help and support. I’m doing everything I can for Indi, but I can’t do this on my own.

    If you have read this far, thank you.

    If you have shared, thank you.

    If you have donated, thank you.

    Im grateful for any and, all support this far.

    Courtney and Indi 🐾

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment
  • PART THREE BACKSTORY

      9 October 2026

    why wouldnt i want to push for the best outcome for her?

    She didn't deserve to have her blood tests results delayed because of a damn broken machine in the lab for-fckng-real!! Had we known by Monday, then her body wouldnt be under so much stress.

    I lead a pretty quiet life. Im true to my word and always see the best in people. I believe there is good and compassion in all of us.

    We may not all agree in this world about what another person is compassionate about but it doesnt mean we shouldn't care or not try to understand.

    If you dont understand someones way of life, of thinking, of their passions; it doesnt mean its wrong, it just means it different.

    Ive never asked for much in life, and its taking a lot for me to be vulnerable now as i like to try and do things independently until it becomes too much for me to handle- just like it is now. I dont have a huge following on social media (some of you do!) but im learning to come out of my shell lately and learn more about myself in this world, and i would like to continue doing so.

    I really dislike asking for help and it goes against every bone in my body but truth is, we all need help sometimes.

    The unfortunate burden im facing is Massey Clinic require 50% deposit at each treatment stage. Tomorrow is where it really starts to count; if I cant get the deposit down then her specialist medicine cant commence, and every delay will become an even more huge setback.

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment
  • PART 2 BACKSTORY

      9 October 2026

    unfortunately for Indi the lab the blood tests were sent to had a broken machine (for real) and only just got the results that her liver enzymes were up (this wasnt the first initially thought diagnosis). With the delay it has worsened her symptoms more then they would have been if we had the results within 24hrs. This is really devastating for both Indi and me.

    With the advice of the local vet I have bought her to Massey Emergency Vet Hospital for faster, more precise care, rather than going on a 'guess'. Here at Massey they provide 24hr supervised care through the night to keep an eye on her. Going forward with today ill need all the help I can get to get the specialist medicine team on board to give her the best chance with the unfortunate addition of the delayed blood results.

    You may be wondering, well whats the point, euthanasia?

    In my eyes, absolutely not. Why would that thought even cross my mind to me there is far too many pros that outweigh the cons.

    *To me she is 6 years young.

    *To me she is an emotional support for me and my children especially after the recent separation of me and their dad.

    *To me she is the best lap blanket you could as for, her fluff is super warm!

    *There is many more reasons - I can't type them all!

    Would euthanasia cross your mind for a human? It doesnt for me because its also not legal. Why dont animals get the best chance too?

    There's all these medicines and advanced treatments for dogs and animals these days, why wouldnt i want

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment
  • PART ONE BACKSTORY

      9 October 2026

    PART 1.

    Your all wondering how me and Indi got here, yeah im wondering that too.

    Indi is my youngest fur sidekick at only 6 years young. She is a very sweet, loving, loyal girl who has always been stuck by my feet and no bird, bee or worm is allowed near me; she's like the security at a club no one asked for; no I.D no entry!

    Licks and belly rubs are her love language.

    In her short 6 years shes been nothing short of energetic fluff, she even does a trick where she stands up on her two back legs and does a little walk ✨️

    This past Sunday I noticed she was feeling a little off, quieter than usual and not by my side like she normally is. So off to the after hours vets we went where they did an ultrasound of her tummy and some other tests but they still weren't quite sure at that point. She stayed a few nights and she got to come home on Tuesday after she had pulled her own IV line out! Cheeky girl, she must have had enough of her 'hotel' stay!

    She perked up a little at home, with me spoon feeding her food and syringe-fed water as she wasnt eating much since coming off her IV line - thats where all her nutrients were.

    Fast forward to today; 8th October - she still wasnt eating and drinking as much as I would like so I decided to make another trip to the vets to get a top up on IV fluids to tie her over until her appetite picked up. During the time from Sunday to Thursday, we were still awaiting blood test results, unfortunately for Indi the lab the blood tests were sent to

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment
  • Friday 9th October Update

      9 October 2026

    First off, thank you to that have donated, shared and, who has also expressed their well wishes.

    Ill give Indi a cuddle from all of you.

    Last night her recent blood test indicated her red blood cells are still in great levels(praying they stay that way)and another test (i cant remember the long name,) that those levels were also in good range.

    The two tests indicate that not all hope has been lost!

    Indi has unfortunately again had another blood test delayed to another broken testing machine (I promise I am not making this up, I will try get this in writing!) the test that was delayed with Massey Emergency Vet Clinic on 8th Oct was testing for 'Biochem?' (Im not sure on the terminology). I have had a call from the vet team and they have advised they will proceed with that testing soon.

    I know i am sounding like a broken record posting and sharing, heck even begging and pleading.

    Im not a woman of the church or god, but i was even praying over the last few days to give Indi strength and luck to get better.

    Bluntly, I am devastated.

    Frustrated at the multiple days of delays with the blood tests-this has hindered recieving treatment sooner, and im leaning towards the word *negligence* to these labs that seem to have not maintained their machines to process urgent blood tests, ultimately delaying the treatment

    Incredibly grateful to you all

    Me&Indi xx

    Again, I am truly truly grateful for those that have supported Indi this far. It shows that you all have hope and faith that

      0 comments  |  Login to leave a comment