Linwood College is being rebuilt, offering an exciting opportunity to create a well-equipped school as a key community asset for East Chch.
Linwood College is being rebuilt, offering a once-in-a-generation opportunity to lift the educational experience of the approximate 800 pupils from our community who attend the school.
The school’s initial fitout budget will not stretch to all the equipment and services identified below as needed.
Examples of what your money will help fund:
* Specialised equipment for technology, catering and creative courses.
* The fit out for the performance centre -- lighting, sound, seating etc.
* Exercise facilities for seniors and playgrounds for year 7 and 8.
* Furniture and equipment for our uniquely valuable Teen Parent Unit.
* Trees, shrubs and landscaping to create a welcoming environment.
* Expansion of pastoral care initiatives.
* Whakairo (carvings) for the whare (meeting house)
The Linwood College Foundation has been set up to raise money from the business and general community surrounding the college, recognising that the alumni of the college, generally speaking, does not have the wealth of other educational institutions.
The money will be used to top up less-than-adequate Government funding for the fit out of the school in areas of specialised education, performance art, recreational and cultural facilities and the general landscaping.
Thank you for your very generous donation, if it hasn't happened already someone from the foundation will be in touch about recognition rights for your donation.
Hi Chloe, I have been meaning to thank you for your ongoing donations. Its so fantastic that you include regular giving in your budget choices. Respect.
Thank you for your very kind donation, you are right our secondary school years are so important, like you I suspect many of my best friends almost 50 years later date back to those formative days.