Mighty Maxs Fight !
Posted by: Kirsty Rowlands
Post BMT June 1st 2 June 2020Posted by: Liz Murchison
Nick and I are absolutely blown away by the support and kindness from everyone. Even the smallest of messages for Max's health I will ensure he will know about all of them. We are date approx 60 post Bobe Marrow Transplant. This treatment has not been the easiest of roads for Max or for our family. A few curve balls from Wiskott-aldrich
mean we will need to stay in Auckland a little longer than expected. Nick has returned back to Christchurch to work. It's hard being apart but it's where we all need to be to get through this nightmare. I am holding hope we will be able to be home for his 1st Birthday in Sept. Thank you all again x
MAXS TREATMENT HAS BEGUN 27 March 2020Posted by: Kirsty Rowlands
Hi team- here’s a wee update from myself , kirsty, not too much detail. But it’s been a very hard journey for Team Murchison.
The covid 19 has really affected Maxs treatment schedule and also his donor cells.
But alas, his treatment has started, and he is currently 4 or 5 days in.
He has been having treatment , campath and chemo, quite aggressively, and other stuff that I can’t absorb with the already overwhelming situation. Today, Max has been given a feeding tube because the treatment isn t allowing him to eat, it’s like ulcerating his mouth and insides. Poor fella. It’s really beginning to take its toll on his wee body , and every photo she sends me . Makes my heat break. But it’s not about me ! Team Murchison are being so strong , and NICK AND LIZ are just, well the most amazing people I have ever met. They have always given the shirts off their backs.
Please pray for them, and think about them. And send the best vibes you can to their universe.
Thank you x
Change of closing date 18 March 2020Posted by: Kirsty Rowlands
😭 18 March 2020Posted by: Kirsty Rowlands
Thank you to everyone who has donated and shared .
This update .. isn’t the greatest of circumstances. A donor was found for max a 10/10 donor!!
Treatment has been planned, and dates were set. The timing of the transplant has to be so precise, unfortunately, due to covid 19, we can no longer get his stem cells brought over from Germany , nor the donor. The specialists all agree max needs treatment NOW and they cannot wait much longer as his condition is progressively getting worse.. meaning Liz will be maxs donor, but at only a 5/10 match, the success rates decrease, and the risks increase. But there is no other option. Liz is now a patient at the hospital. We ask for everyone to put THe Murchison’s in their prayers and thoughts while they go on this roller coaster ride of pain, emotions and unconditional love. Our Max WILL come out the other side ready to run circles around Lizzie and nick. With a cheeky bit of toast in his hands I’m sure !!!!
Here is the most cutest picture of Maxy Moo 💙💙💙
Mighty Max 18 February 2020Posted by: Kirsty Rowlands
Hey everyone , just wanted to share a bit of an update with you all. Spending time with my most handsome nephew Max can sometimes be hard for us . Between the kids and their bugs they get at school , it’s hard ensuring ALL of us are free from germs before visiting. But yesterday, with my kids both free from bugs, I got to spend some very cherished time with our happiest wee chap! Every moment I spend with him is so heart warming and valuable. He is growing so incredibly fast!!! And the smile on him is so bright it can make you cry with tears of happiness.
We are in the process of making and finding sleeves, vests , waterproof covers for his Hickman line to help him stop exploring them by pulling them , and to protect them at bath time. Hes learning quickly how to scratch an itch and so his excema has been quite Flared up And uncomfortable. Maxy and his incredible parents are off to meet the team up at star ship next week. Exciting ! And daunting at the same time I can imagine . All our fingers and toes are crossed that we find a donor soon.
Thanks again to all of you for your support, and sharing of this page .
Update of wee Max 24 January 2020Posted by: Kirsty Rowlands
Morning! We have been asked a lot for an update if Max so here goes...
Max is neutropenic, which means he has no immunity and is extremely compromised.
Max has been having Immunoglobulin Infusions every 3 weeks. This gives him little immunity, just in case. He also has antibiotics everyday as a precaution.
As a result of these infusions his Platelets have managed to stay at a steady low. He hasnt needed and platelets for a few weeks! (He was having them once or twice a week!) A low level for person is 150, Max's sit at about 25. It would be difficult for his blood to clot.
This week he had bleeding in his eye. Usually an indication his platelets are at a very low level. However the Doctor was confident it wasnt an active bleed and to monitor. Not a fun thing to see in your baby but he is a champ and it's nearly gone. 🤟
Nearly 2 weeks ago Max had his second (and final) lot of tests taken to find a donor. We are hoping for a match soon!
We really appreciate all the meals we have been given. It's been a stressful week and it's meant one less thing a day I have to worry about. We also appreciate the support on the Give a little Page. So much love and support globally!
Liz and Nick Murchison
He has grown so much, beautiful boy. Thank you for the updates . Praying for a miracle donor 💜
Update for Max 4 January 2020Posted by: Kirsty Rowlands
Merry Christmas and a happy new year from the Murchison’s.
Thank you so much for your generosity, we are absolutely overwhelmed by the support.
Max has now started getting his first Immunoglobulin Infusions. He got his first one on Christmas Eve. This one takes 4 hours a time. Then he got a fresh platelet transfusion re charge on New Year’s Eve going into to 2020 with a bit of a boost 💙
We have such a long road ahead of us and should be meeting the starship team in the next wee while to talk about the upcoming road a head. Thank you again for all your support and love.