Back to page

Nepal Earthquake response

  • 713904c29fbd4a2a9ebc9a065f2ab17d

    bhntvyet asks


    on 25 Jan 2016

    This question has not been answered yet.

  • WeiHan

    Wei asks

    Dear Himalayan Trust, could you please tell me how much of my donation would be going to those suffering from the earthquake damages in Nepal? An approximate percentage figure would be most helpful. I know all charities have admin costs etc. and I ask this question to all the charities I donate to. Thank you.

    on 16 May 2015

    • Himalayan Trust

      Himalayan Trust

      Hi Wei,

      Thanks for asking. We're happy to let you know that 100% of donations made to our Rebuild Appeal will go to Nepal.

      Best wishes.

  • MargaretMc

    Margaret asks

    We've had an enquiry at work where your givealittle Donor Confidence Key says you are not eligible for tax credits. However, as a registered charity is that information incorrect and receipts would then be eligible for tax credits? Please confirm, thanks.

    on 30 Apr 2015

    • Himalayan Trust

      Himalayan Trust

      Hi Margaret,

      The Himalayan Trust is a registered charity - registration number CC39393.

      The Himalayan Trust has been recently granted donee status, effective from 1 April 2015. However, the IRD have advised us that we should not provide receipts for donations received after that date until the Income Tax Act 2007 is amended. We will issue receipts following enactment, later this year.

Login to ask a question