RAGES Borneo Pygmy Elephant Project
- $1,164.70 donated
- 15 generous donors
The Rotarian Action Group for Endangered Species raising funds for GPS collars, Garmin Cameras, Milk Powder & Fencing.
How we can help -
1. Create awareness of the issue to stop & prosecute poaching, illegal killing, snare trapping & the illegal pet trade in Borneo
2. Fund & deliver 4 Garmin Virb cameras to record operations, rescues and footage of illegal snaring & poaching for prosecution through the courts
3. Provide monetary assistance to the Wildlife Rescue Unit to give access to worldwide experts so that they can learn through education. Offer Rotary scholarships, placements and exchanges to enhance their learning.
4. Fundraise to purchase GPS collars for the DGFC and WRU members to use, so that we learn more about the transient movements of elephants
5. Provide assistance by fundraising to install electric fences to protect schools, medical centres and villages
6. Support locals attempting to create NGO’s to provide centres for the conservation of rescued animals. Creating strong, diverse local economies that meet local peoples' needs & support employment & international fair trade
7. Educating locals and farmers to create sustainable & humane agriculture that gives access to nutritious, low impact, local & seasonal products
Page created by:
I am the current RAGES Projects Director for South East Asia. I want to influence friends, schools, corporates, rotary clubs to fundraise to preserve natural habitat, rescue, save & rehabilitate Endangered Species in Sabah, Borneo to ensure that the next generation can experience these animals.
The Rotarian Action group for Endangered Species (RAGES) will work in partnership with the Sabah Wildlife Department and Wildlife Rescue Unit to achieve their goals.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×