Help Finish THE 5TH EYE Feature Documentary!
- $17,635.00 donated
- 182 generous donors
Through the story of the Waihopai 3, New Zealand's role in the global Five Eyes spy alliance is examined.
A teacher, farmer and priest break into the Waihopai spy base deflating a giant radome in an act of disarmament, against New Zealand’s role in the US-led War on Terror. A millionaire internet mogul and alleged copyright pirate fights extradition to the US only to discover he was illegally spied on by the same shadowy agency that runs the base, on behalf of the American FBI. With the rise of the surveillance state in the digital age, new battle lines are drawn in new territories, and the enemy is sought out closer to home.
Nicky Hager, Paul Buchanan, Murray Horton, the Waihopai 3 and others.
Independent documentary-makers Errol Wright and Abi King-Jones have produced three feature-length films together;
• OPERATION 8 (2011), The Last Resort (2006) and Te Whanau o Aotearoa - Caretakers of the Land (2003).
• Abi also edited three feature documentaries with Alister Barry; Hot Air (2014) - which she also co-directed, The Hollow Men (2008) and A Civilised Society (2007).
• More info: www.cutcutcut.com.
• Filming began in 2008, around the Waihopai Ploughshares action, and has continued since as local and international events reveal more to the story of the Five Eyes alliance.
• Editing began mid-2014 and will hopefully be completed in time for a release later this year.
• We are aiming for $20,000 to help us finish the film.
• The funds will enable us to work full-time on the edit and cover key post-production costs, such as score composition and archive transfers.
• Your donation is eligible for a tax credit - we are a registered charitable trust.
• Donors will receive a thank you credit at the end of the film.
• You may also donate anonymously.
Page created by:
The Community Media Trust aims to undertake, assist and foster the production, distribution and exhibition of educational, artistic and public service videos, films, documentaries, television programmes and productions in other media. It also aims to train and assist in the training of workers in the fields of video, film, television and related media.
In recent years Trust productions have ranged across a variety of fields including physical and mental health, climate change, migrant rights, union organising, internet privacy and civil liberties.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×