Gliding is my passion, and I need help to get to the Gliding World Champs, in Benalla Australia Jan 2017
The world champs are usually held in Europe, however this coming year they are in Benalla, Australia (a 2 hour drive north of Melbourne). A rare opportunity for those of us in New Zealand to compete relatively easily.
Unfortunately gliding at this level is more expensive than normal. We have to fly the latest and greatest gliders because the world champs are an un-handicapped competition.
Funding help is required for:
- Glider & Car hire for a practice contest in Australia, the 55th Multi Class Nationals in October @ Kingaroy. ~$2000
- Glider & Car hire for the world champs itself @ Benalla. Glider hire is $6300 AUD for 3 weeks.
- Airfares for Tim and Crew, $800 each
- Tow fees, $1600 ($80 each)
- Accomodation for Tim and Crew $2500
Entry fee for the world champs is sponsored by Gliding New Zealand as part of selection for the NZ team. GNZ may be helping further, although there are limited funds to go around the entire team.
The team will consists of 6 pilots max, along with crew for each pilot and a team manager. I've been confirmed as 3rd place of 6 in the team.
Updates of results will be posted daily, with links available closer to the event.
I've been self funded up to this point, including 2 trips to Australia as part of my training and the selection process.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I'm the pilot who will be competing at the World Championships.