A little update from us ❤️
20 October 2026Calib has now finished his first round of chemo, and it was pretty hard out on him. He pretty much slept through most of it. Now comes the long wait for his bone marrow to recover. We're expecting he'll be in hospital for about another 4 weeks for this round.
Mum has been up in Auckland with him, followed by his dad. We are so grateful to both of them for being there so I could come back to Napier, sort a few things out and spend some time at home before heading back up this Thursday. ❤️
We're also waiting to hear whether there's a good bone marrow donor match for Calib. Apparently there's a potential match in America, so everything crossed and please send all the positive vibes our way! 🤞❤️
We still don't know a huge amount about the bone marrow/stem cell transplant side of things, and there's definitely a lot for us to get our heads around. What we do know is that it's going to be another massive challenge for Calib, and he's going to need every bit of strength he's got.
For now, we're just taking things one day at a time.