Fund-raising for Wellington Bird Rehabilitation Trust
Live stream event for https://www.wbrt.org.nz - raising funds to help with the care of injured and orphaned birds.Wellington
Wellington Bird Rehabilitation Trust specialises in the care of waterfowl, but also takes in all kinds of native and non-native birds.
What does WBRT Do?
- Many of the rescued birds brought to WBRT are injured and require special care
- WBRT looks after and raises a large number of orphaned ducklings
- WBRT is part of the captive breeding program for the Brown Teal/Pateke.
There are only abour 2500 Pateke left in New Zealand, and WBRT's efforts have meant that eighteen ducklings have been successfully released back into the wild!
Over 1000 birds a year are helped by WBRT.
Help us help WBRT! Please donate if you can, but there are other ways to help!
* Save newspaper, shredded paper, and old towels to donate
* keep an eye out for fruit and vegetables that may be discarded by businesses and could be donated instead - ducks love veges and fruit!
* Adopt a bird
For more information on ways to help WBRT please visit: https://www.wbrt.org.nz/how-you-can-help.html
Victoria (Vicky) Holloway's involvement (page creator)
For this year's charity stream week, the Squibble Design Streaming Community is fund-raising for local charity Wellington Bird Rehabilitation Trust.
Other page links
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Want to display a QR code that links to this page?Grab a QR Code
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 23 Aug 2020 and closed on 4 Sep 2020.