Kidney Health New Zealand funds research into the prevention, early detection and cure of kidney disease, provides education and support in
Tour Aotearoa cycle challenge - are your kidneys OK?
- $2,537.00 donated
- 50 generous donors
Cycling the length of NZ in 30 days. Raising money & awareness for Kidney Health NZ in memory of my Dad.
It started on 21 September 2016. A coffee catch-up with a friend. Nek minnit - I'd signed up to bike the length of New Zealand, 3000 km from Cape Reinga to Bluff.
I am dedicating the journey to my parents - my Mum, Jane, who lives in the Hutt Valley and my Dad, Alex, who passed away from kidney disease just over 2 years ago. That's Dad on the right with Mum just next to him.
Kidney disease doesn't get much profile but it's something to know about. Many people may be at risk of it and you can lose 90% of your kidney function before you get any symptoms. Knowing your risk and getting a simple health check early on can make all the difference.
Kidney Health NZ provides support to patients, raises awareness & funds research.
I'm starting the "Tour Aotearoa" on 24 February and have 30 days to get to Bluff. It's going to be quite an adventure.
- Donate to the Kidney Health NZ using the link above. Check out their website - they do great work. www.kidneys.co.nz/
- Check out my Facebook Page for updates. I'll be sharing some thoughts as I make my way south. www.facebook.com/Helens-Tour-Aotearoa-Blog-and-follow-me-on-the-map-1999345947009365/
- Find out more about this thing called Tour Aotearoa. http://www.touraotearoa.nz/p/home.html
- Follow my progress by watching my spot-tracker dot! You can search for me as a rider and save me as a favourite by clicking on the star. :) https://touraotearoa2018.maprogress.com/
- Come to say Hi and join me for a few kms. I'd love to see you.
- Send this link to interested friends and family.
Page created by:
My father had kidney disease and passed away 2.5 years ago. I am very grateful for the professional support he received for the 5 years of his treatment.
All funds raised benefit:
Email your friends & family×
Report this page×
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×