Tour Aotearoa cycle challenge - are your kidneys OK?
Cycling the length of NZ in 30 days. Raising money & awareness for Kidney Health NZ in memory of my Dad.Nationwide
It started on 21 September 2016. A coffee catch-up with a friend. Nek minnit - I'd signed up to bike the length of New Zealand, 3000 km from Cape Reinga to Bluff.
I am dedicating the journey to my parents - my Mum, Jane, who lives in the Hutt Valley and my Dad, Alex, who passed away from kidney disease just over 2 years ago. That's Dad on the right with Mum just next to him.
Kidney disease doesn't get much profile but it's something to know about. Many people may be at risk of it and you can lose 90% of your kidney function before you get any symptoms. Knowing your risk and getting a simple health check early on can make all the difference.
Kidney Health NZ provides support to patients, raises awareness & funds research.
I'm starting the "Tour Aotearoa" on 24 February and have 30 days to get to Bluff. It's going to be quite an adventure.
- Donate to the Kidney Health NZ using the link above. Check out their website - they do great work. www.kidneys.co.nz/
- Check out my Facebook Page for updates. I'll be sharing some thoughts as I make my way south. www.facebook.com/Helens-Tour-Aotearoa-Blog-and-follow-me-on-the-map-1999345947009365/
- Find out more about this thing called Tour Aotearoa. http://www.touraotearoa.nz/p/home.html
- Follow my progress by watching my spot-tracker dot! You can search for me as a rider and save me as a favourite by clicking on the star. :) https://touraotearoa2018.maprogress.com/
- Come to say Hi and join me for a few kms. I'd love to see you.
- Send this link to interested friends and family.
Helen Kettles' involvement (page creator)
My father had kidney disease and passed away 2.5 years ago. I am very grateful for the professional support he received for the 5 years of his treatment.
Other page links
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 5 Feb 2018 and closed on 3 May 2018.