The sanctuary is a 100 hectare predator-free native bird sanctuary, set amongst one of the few patches of virgin rainforest. According to F
- the preservation and enhancement of the forest
- the enhancement of native bird life and the introduction of rare and endangered species
- providing the opportunity for public education, recreation and enjoyment of the Homestead and forest.
- providing an education program for students.
- establishment of a predator proof fence to protect native bird life
- programmes for the release and protection of hihi/stitchbird, tieke/saddleback and previously as a kiwi sanctuary
- preservation of the Bushy Park Homestead
on 08 May 2020
Beautiful Bird Cards from Merilyn
on 22 Jan 2020
on 23 Dec 2019
I was so happy to see NZ birds after days of seeing only introduced birds. It is wonderful to see the work you are doing, and how the birds can flourish without those damn pests. Thank you.
on 17 Dec 2019
Created by, and paying to a verified bank account of,
Bushy Park Sanctuary (Charity)
A Registered Charity has legal recognition under the Charities Act 2005.
Donations of over $5 are eligible for a New Zealand charitable giving tax credit.
The page has been checked by our team to make sure it complies with our terms and conditions.
You can start a fundraiser
to have your own page that raises money directly for the beneficiary.
Got a question for the page owner?
Ask one here
Report this page