The sanctuary is a 100 hectare predator-free native bird sanctuary, set amongst one of the few patches of virgin rainforest. According to F
- the preservation and enhancement of the forest
- the enhancement of native bird life and the introduction of rare and endangered species
- providing the opportunity for public education, recreation and enjoyment of the Homestead and forest.
- providing an education program for students.
- establishment of a predator proof fence to protect native bird life
- programmes for the release and protection of hihi/stitchbird, tieke/saddleback and previously as a kiwi sanctuary
- preservation of the Bushy Park Homestead
FundraiseYou can start a fundraiser to have your own page that raises money directly for Bushy Park Sanctuary.
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Any concerns?Report this page
You might notice some changes - we've updated our page layout to give a better experience. We think we've hit the mark, but if something's not right, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.