The sanctuary is a 100 hectare predator-free native bird sanctuary, set amongst one of the few patches of virgin rainforest. According to F
- the preservation and enhancement of the forest
- the enhancement of native bird life and the introduction of rare and endangered species
- providing the opportunity for public education, recreation and enjoyment of the Homestead and forest.
- providing an education program for students.
- establishment of a predator proof fence to protect native bird life
- programmes for the release and protection of hihi/stitchbird, tieke/saddleback and previously as a kiwi sanctuary
- preservation of the Bushy Park Homestead
on 07 Sep 2020
on 06 Sep 2020
Part of MTSC group on 26 August but a bit slo off the mark. Enjoyed the day and hope to return soon.
on 27 Aug 2020
Enjoyed my visit with the Manawatu Tramping and Skiing Club on Aug 26. Very impressed with the changes made since my last visit before the predator fence was erected.
on 27 Aug 2020
Fascinating day in the bush yesterday
on 27 Jul 2020
Created by, and paying to a verified bank account of,
Bushy Park Sanctuary (Charity)
A Registered Charity has legal recognition under the Charities Act 2005.
Donations of over $5 are eligible for a New Zealand charitable giving tax credit.
The page has been checked by our team to make sure it complies with our terms and conditions.
You can start a fundraiser
to have your own page that raises money directly for the beneficiary.
Got a question for the page owner?
Ask one here
Report this page