The Gisborne Volunteer Centre's primary service is to help people find suitable volunteer positions with community organisations.
We are here to:
• To provide and promote information and resources on volunteering
• Recruit, train and support volunteers to assist organisations and people in need
• Train and support organisations which involve volunteers
• Promote the value of voluntary work
• Support and train volunteer managers & coordinators
• Raise the profile of volunteering
• Recognise and celebrate volunteer contributions in the community
More about us
The Gisborne Volunteer Centre is an independent not-for-profit organisation that operates in the Gisborne and East Coast Region to promote and support all volunteering, wherever it happens, whether it is informal or formal. The Centre started operating in December 2001 and became a charitable trust in 2003.