Be part of the solution: Homes for People is developing social and affordable housing.
Manawatu / Whanganui
Here's a good news story about housing in New Zealand:
Homes for People is building six compact homes on a vacant block of land purchased from Housing NZ.
Homes are being built to meet social and affordable housing needs in Palmerston North. An 'Affordable Equity Programme' will be available to help eligible first home buyers. Other homes will be retained as affordable rental and social housing.
Homes will be affordable, warm, dry, accessible and energy efficient.
This is only the beginning. We have our eyes set on a large number of empty sections of land in our community where we intend to build social and affordable homes.
Sustainable partnerships across the commercial, community and social sectors are vital to our success. Working together with our partners enables us to address the housing needs and long term well-being of people in our community.
Equity partners, willing to invest in Homes for People as a social enterprise are also playing a critical role.
If you are interested in investing in one of our upcoming projects, please contact us, email@example.com
(Minimum investment = $20,000; Minimum Term = 12 months)
Every 65,000 invested will help us provide an additional home for a person in our community.
If you are in the building or development industry and want to know how you can be involved please also contact us via email.
Homes for People Trust
- is developing and enhancing social and affordable housing in our community; supporting low income people and household who may not otherwise benefit from a stable home.
- is a local Housing Association response to the growing housing need in provincial New Zealand.
- is developing sustainable partnerships across the commercial, community, and social sectors.
- gives you the opportunity to invest into projects offering financial, social, and environmental returns; a Social Impact Investment.
Funds will be used:
- to develop social and affordable housing in Palmerton North.
- to fund the development of a sustainable housing association model that has the potential to be replicated in other parts of New Zealand.