HV SASH support women, men, adolescents, children, family, whanau, and friends affected by sexual abuse, rape, sexual harm.
HV SASH has been supporting the Hutt Valley community since 1982. Our team of volunteer Crisis Workers are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week all year. They are there from the first contact someone makes. They are there to help women, men and children through an often traumatic, stressful and emotional time. This team of volunteers walks alongside our clients at every step.
Wrapped around them is a support network of professional counsellors, psychologists and social workers. All this is free. Our focus is that when someone is ready to get help or support there are as few barriers put in their way as possible. To do this we need support.
HV SASH services are provided 24/7. We support women, men, adolescents, children, family, whanau, and friends affected by sexual abuse, rape, sexual harm - current or historic. HV SASH supports victims through each step they wish to take including:
- Crisis support 24/7 0800 22 6694
- Free Counselling services including ACC Counsellors.
- Social worker support services
- Information, support and referral for victims, family, whanau and friends on all aspects of sexual abuse, rape and sexual harm
- Support for victims family, whanau reporting to Police when appropriate.
- Court Support and court preparation for trials
- Support for Police initiated forensic medical examinations by authorised doctors.
- Support at police interviews and victims Video Recorded Interviews (VRI)
- Support preparing Victim Impact Statements
Our small team of trained Crisis Support workers, are available 24/7 0800 22 6694. If you or someone you know is ready to talk to someone our team can assist you to get the right support at the right time. HV SASH services are set in a quiet, confidential and anonymous environment. Contact us anytime on 0800 22 6694 to find out more or visit our website: www.hvsash.org.nz
More about us
Hutt Valley Sexual Abuse Support and Healing (HV SASH) provides free support and counselling to women, men and children affected by sexual abuse, rape, sexual harm- historic or current. The HV SASH service covers the Upper Hutt and Lower Hutt communities.