Be part of the Inclusive Adventure Movement - help us change the story
The Makingtrax Foundation is a Charitable Trust, we believe in Total Integration & Inclusion through adventure.
Abilities shine in challenging environments - The Inclusive Adventure Movement with Makingtrax is to empower individuals live to their potential, breaking barriers and empowering diversity in the outdoor community, society and workforce.
- Open as many adventure opportunities in New Zealand as possible for people with disabilities.
- Educate & Empower the adventure travel industry to open more inclusive adventure possibilities.
- Provide an Inclusive Directory so people with disabilities can make an informed decision to participate.
- Cooperation with individuals & adventure operators assisting all parties to understand adventure possibilities.
- Provide, acquire or develop adaptation to open more inclusive adventure possibility.
- Raise awareness of Inclusive Adventure through film & media.
- Provide Adventure Therapy & Adventure Based Learning to kiwis with disabilities and/or mental health issues.
To promote education for Kiwis with disabilities so they can participate in adventure activities as well as empowering and enhancing their quality of life through adventure.