The Motu Kaikoura Trust manages Kaikoura Island in the Hauraki Gulf. Motu Kaikoura is a reserve open to public access, and offers a 'wilde
We have undertaken an ecological restoration programme for the island, restoring native biodiversity. The island will always be accessible to the public, and we support outdoor education.
• established a programme of biodiversity monitoring;
• eradication of fallow deer;
• maintenance of a network of tracks for access and rodent control;
• established a supporters group with a regular newsletter;
• established links with outdoor education groups – Outdoor Pursuits Centre, Spirit of Adventure Trust;
• support ongoing biodiversity research.
Our lodge is completed - Thank you 27 February 2018
Our prefabricated lodge was built over the summer. We extend a huge thank you to our donors who contributed towards the build, and to the SGA team. Here is a link to the build story: