Paekakariki 88.2FM is a non-profit volunteer radio station produced for the community by the community.
Paekakariki 88.2FM is a non-profit volunteer run radio station produced for the community by the community, run under the auspices of Paekakariki Informed Community, former publisher of community newspaper Paekakariki Xpressed.
- Provide reliable community information
- Provide civil defence and other information in emergency and power cut situations
- Provide a platform for education for our youth
- Be the people’s voice, representing and promoting the diversity of our community, our needs, and the unique character of Paekakariki.
- Promote environmental awareness, in particular our native birdlife, flora and fauna
- Represent the concerns of local tangata when
- Share the community’s stories, histories and provide discussion of different views
- Develop, present and record local DJS, musicians, artists and writers, and prioritise locally produced content
- Entertain and stimulate
- Develop an oral history of the community
- Provide the facilities, advice, training and technical support for residents to create and broadcast their own radio programmes
- Establish and nurture mutual interests and relationships with other like minded communities and individuals, whether in the region, nationally or internationally.
More about us
Paekakariki FM 88.2 is a volunteer community radio station based in Paekakariki, Kapiti Coast, New Zealand. We broadcast on 88.2FM and on the internet at paekakariki.fm