This page is to support the PWSA(NZ), to help us improve and extend services that support people with PWS and their families.
This page is fundraising specifically for the PWSA(NZ). If you wish to fundraise for or donate to our PWS research page on Givealittle, please use this link- https://givealittle.co.nz/org/pwsresearch
The PWSA(NZ) is a support network for people with PWS, their families and carers. We aim to improve the quality of life for all persons with PWS in New Zealand and their families.
Our main services are advocacy, education and support. We advocate on behalf of people with PWS, provide information and resources to families, carers, schools, service providers and other professionals, maintain a support network and bring families together by hosting events.
Here are some examples of how your donations can help:
* As PWS is a rare syndrome, families are geographically isolated and have little opportunity to meet each other. Your funds might contribute towards bringing families to a family camp, a youth weekend or a young families weekend for parents of newly diagnosed children.
* Adult with PWS are often keen to engage more with their community and the wider PWS community. Your funds could help us to facilitate this.
* Your funds may help us to offer more training courses and support workshops, or invite an expert, specialist speaker to present at a seminar.
* As times change and more is discovered about PWS, information resources need to be updated. Your funds might contribute towards new library resources and publications.
* We are a member of the International PWS Organisation (www.ipwso.org). Your funds might help us disseminate information in regard to new international guidelines on the best practice and management of the syndrome.
Please talk to us if there is something specific you would like your funds to go towards.
We aim to enhance the lives of New Zealanders with PWS and their families by providing advocacy, education and support, increasing awareness and understanding. We provide information, resources and training for families, educators and service providers, offer support to individuals with PWS and their families, and bring them together to form a support network.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×