Support and social events and resources for trans* youth in Wellington
Tranzform is a support group for youth* who identify as transgender, fa'afafine, whakawahine, tangata ira tane, intersex, two-spirits, genderqueer, non-gendered, questioning and their allies.
We run fortnightly support groups in Wellington, social events throughout the year, and also develop and maintain resources on our website http://tranzform.org.nz for trans youth around the country.
We have no regular source of funding, and donations allow us to:
* Buy food for our support groups
* Buy coffees for our one-on-ones/mentoring
* Hire out safe spaces for social events, such as pool events
* Pay for tickets to social events for youth that couldn't otherwise afford to attend
* Pay for transport for our facilitators and youth
* Identify and secure sustainable funding in the future
Our meetings usually have 5-15 people attending, and can be very empowering for young people who are differently gendered, knowing that we're all safe and there for the same reason.
Thank you so much for your donation.
(*youth in this case is 30ish and under)
Outerspaces is a charitable trust to support and celebrate queer and trans youth.
Tranzform is one of our projects within Outerspaces Charitable Trust.