Back to page

UNICEF New Zealand

  • WeiHan

    Wei asks

    Dear UNICEF, could you please tell me how much of my donation would be going to the people in need? For example, I’d donated to support your Nepal Earthquake Appeal, so approximately what percentage of my money would actually be going to the people living in Nepal who’d suffered or are suffering from the earthquake damages? I know all charities have admin costs etc. and I ask this question to all the charities I donate to. Thank you.

    on 16 May 2015

    • UNICEF New Zealand

      UNICEF New Zealand

      Hi Wie,

      Thanks for your question.

      On emergency appeals like the Nepal Earthquake, approximately 90% of each donation goes to people in need. For our non-emergency and programme work, approximately 65% goes to the project. But of the remaining 35%, 21% is spent on fundraising so we can raise even more money for the project.

      I hope this answers your question.

      Regards,

      Aaron

      UNICEF NZ

Login to ask a question