We are a Charity specifically, for the relief of poverty, the advancement of education, and any matters beneficial to the Flaxmere community
Support teen mums and dads in the community so they can learn to be better parents, continue with schooling and learn to live independently.
• Build trust with gang whānau to develop whanau development plans and then resource the implementation of these plans.
• help young people to get driver’s licences/secure employment and stay employed,
• improve housing situations to reduce transience, overcrowding and improve warmth,
• drive projects like the Jarmy Army (pyjamas to help kids stay warm in winter), gardens in schools and homes (to help improve nutrition and self-sufficiency)
• get resources from those who will to give to those who are without – for example household goods, firewood and food
• partner with other agencies in major projects and initiatives that improve community facilities, access to services, and community events which creates a sense of pride and makes Flaxmere a great place to live
The purchase of products and services to ensure appropriate and sufficient resources are provided to support the purpose of the Trust. For example food, clothing, tools, educational and self development fees, health advice and many more basic necessities that are out of reach to those on the poverty line.