Manganui Ski Area Husky Prinoth
The Stratford Mountain Club wishes to upgrade its current Pisten Bully 60 with a new (second-hand) Husky Prinoth.
The Stratford Mountain Club (SMC) is currently in the process of sourcing a new groomer from Snow Planet for the 2018 season.
We currently have partial funding to replace the out-going, 1980’s collector’s item the Pisten Bully 60.
Through the purchase of a new groomer, this will bring a new age of snow grooming for the Manganui Ski Area, which will mean that better conditions will be available to the ski area users from earlier in the morning.
What does this mean for you the user?
- Better rideable/skiable conditions from earlier in the day. The new groomer has an ice-breaker tiller and all the mod-cons of new age grooming.
- Greater snow management, potentially resulting in more operating days out of a storm cycle. The outgoing PB80 is limited in its pushing power, this is a sharp contrast to the Husky.
- A capability for the development of Park features (jumps).
Stratford Mountain Club's involvement (page creator)
I am the Secretary of the Stratford Mountain Club Incorporated.
The Secretary is the focal point for funding applications for the Manganui Ski Area.
Use of funds
- Purchase of the new Husky Prinoth Snow Groomer.
- Alterations to the current shed to house the larger groomer
- Helicopter operations to fly the new groomer onto the ski area
- Transportation of the new groomer down from Auckland
Other page links
The Husky Prinoth has been delivered to Taranaki. The Manganui Ski Area now awaits for the 2018 year before flying in the new groomer, this Give A Little has been reopened for people to donate and assist with the helicopter transportation cost.
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Want to display a QR code that links to this page?Grab a QR Code
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 19 Jul 2017 and closed on 30 Apr 2018.