Find 50 New Supporters to Raise $50,000
- $0.00 donated
- 0 generous donors
We will have a dramatic fall in funding from 2017, as earthquake related grants finish, so we're seeking 50 new supporters to raise $50,000
We have a small but dedicated group of individuals who give regularly to us, and it makes so much difference! We are able to apply for grants, but these aren’t guaranteed, and must be used for the specific purposes they were given and there is little room for discretionary costs when they arise. Therefore the Friends of Youth Alive Trust scheme has been recently used to cover discretionary and unattained costs such as camps, new games and resources, volunteer Tshirts, free activities at New Brighton Library, trainee youth workers, van maintenance, marketing, audits and other unexpected costs.
Our income is broken down into; 15% Regular Grants, 19% One-Off Grants, 23% Earthquake Related Grants, 12% Contracts, 16% Fees, 6% Grace Vineyard, 5% Friends of YAT, 2% Bank Interest, 1% Fundraising. In 2017 we have an expected shortfall in funding, as earthquake related funding has dried up. Our funding strategy is to increase our discretionary income through more fee paying services, social enterprises and individual donors. Our 2017 target is 50 new supporters to raise $50,000 per year, which is attainable if 20 x New Friends gave $5 a week, 10 x New Friends gave $10 a week, 10 x New Friends gave $25 a week and 10 x New Friends gave $50 a week.
We would love supporters to set up regular direct payments into our bank account, to help us become more sustainable and less reliant on grants.
Page created by:
We are a Youth and Community Development Agency based on the East of Christchurch, that serves hundreds of children, young people and families every week, through our many programmes!
We currently do this through 10 key areas:
1) Weekly Youth Clubs including: Boys Club (Years 1 – 6), Girls Club (Years 1 – 6), Kitchen Klub (Years 6-9), Craft Club (Years 6 – 9), Rock Solid (Years 7 – 8), Surge (Years 9 – 13), Basketball (Years 4 – 13), Dance Fitness and a Daily OSCAR (Years 5 - 8).
2) School Programmes supporting the students in class, on lunchtimes, and through extra curricula activities at Rawhiti Primary and South New Brighton Primary Schools.
3) Holiday Programmes run for three different age categories, Years 1 – 4, 5 – 9 one week every school holidays and Years 9 – 13 December, January and April.
4) Camps on overnight and weekends away throughout the year, such as Easter Camp, Winter Camp, Famine Sleepover, AMPED Camp, Father Son Camp and Mother Daughter Camp.
5) One-On-One Counselling and Mentoring,support, in school and in the community.
6) Library Youthwork Support in New Brighton everyday after school, on weekends, and school holidays.
7) Community Events such as the I Love New Brighton, School Fairs, EPIC Dance Parties, Family Fun Night and 3x3 Basketball.
8) Parenting & Pre-school Programmes and partnerships such as Playgroups, Breast-feeding Drop In, Parenting Toolbox Courses, Parenting Seminars and Babysitting Training.
9) Amplify Music School Instrument Lessons, Youth Bands and Recording Studio.
10) Volunteer Training & Support which builds leaders in our community, through helping our events and programmes and training events. We also host interns.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×