Find 50 New Supporters to Raise $50,000
We will have a dramatic fall in funding from 2017, as earthquake related grants finish, so we're seeking 50 new supporters to raise $50,000
We have a small but dedicated group of individuals who give regularly to us, and it makes so much difference! We are able to apply for grants, but these aren’t guaranteed, and must be used for the specific purposes they were given and there is little room for discretionary costs when they arise. Therefore the Friends of Youth Alive Trust scheme has been recently used to cover discretionary and unattained costs such as camps, new games and resources, volunteer Tshirts, free activities at New Brighton Library, trainee youth workers, van maintenance, marketing, audits and other unexpected costs.
Our income is broken down into; 15% Regular Grants, 19% One-Off Grants, 23% Earthquake Related Grants, 12% Contracts, 16% Fees, 6% Grace Vineyard, 5% Friends of YAT, 2% Bank Interest, 1% Fundraising. In 2017 we have an expected shortfall in funding, as earthquake related funding has dried up. Our funding strategy is to increase our discretionary income through more fee paying services, social enterprises and individual donors. Our 2017 target is 50 new supporters to raise $50,000 per year, which is attainable if 20 x New Friends gave $5 a week, 10 x New Friends gave $10 a week, 10 x New Friends gave $25 a week and 10 x New Friends gave $50 a week.
We would love supporters to set up regular direct payments into our bank account, to help us become more sustainable and less reliant on grants.
We are a Youth and Community Development Agency based on the East of Christchurch, that serves hundreds of children, young people and families every week, through our many programmes!
We currently do this through 10 key areas:
1) Weekly Youth Clubs including: Boys Club (Years 1 – 6), Girls Club (Years 1 – 6), Kitchen Klub (Years 6-9), Craft Club (Years 6 – 9), Rock Solid (Years 7 – 8), Surge (Years 9 – 13), Basketball (Years 4 – 13), Dance Fitness and a Daily OSCAR (Years 5 - 8).
2) School Programmes supporting the students in class, on lunchtimes, and through extra curricula activities at Rawhiti Primary School.
3) Holiday Programmes run for three different age categories, Years 1 – 4, 5 – 9 one week every school holidays and Years 9 – 13 in December and July.
4) Camps on overnight and weekends away throughout the year, such as Easter Camp, Winter Camp, Famine Sleepover, AMPED Camp, Father Son Camps and Mother Daughter Camps.
5) One-On-One Counselling and Mentoring support, in school and in the community.
6) Mana Ake. Wellbeing support for individuals, groups and whanau in local primary schools.
7) Community Events such as the I Love New Brighton, School Fairs, EPIC Dance Parties, Family Fun Night and 3x3 Basketball competition.
8) Parenting & Pre-school Programmes and partnerships such as Playgroups, Breast-feeding Drop In, Parenting Toolbox Courses, Parenting Seminars and Babysitting Training.
9) Amplify Music School Instrument Lessons, Youth Bands and Recording Studio.
10) Volunteer Training & Support which builds leaders in our community, through helping our events and programmes and training events. We also host interns.
Other page links
Our other pages
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 16 Dec 2016 and closed on 31 Dec 2017.
You might notice some changes - we've updated our page layout to give a better experience. We think we've hit the mark, but if something's not right, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.