Establishing micro-businesses for 51 people who lack the luck of life.
We are going to honor the 51 lives lost in the Christchurch Mosque Shootings, by empowering 51 lives in a developing country, through establishing micro-businesses for 51 people. In 2019 according to BBC, Afghanistan was rated the most dangerous country in the world. Therefore, that is where we will begin our project. Christchurch Mayor Lianne Dalziel approves of the project and has called it a 'living memorial' for the ones we tragically lost on March 15th.
We will set up micro-businesses for 51 people, who will be selected according to a certain criteria. We do not believe in charity, we wish to empower people who already posses capabilities, yet lack the opportunities.
Information about micro-credit and why we believe it is the key to solving poverty,
So far, our generous contributors to this venture are,
- Change for our Children
- Te Raranga
- University of Canterbury
- Waipuna/Halswell-Hornby-Riccarton Community Board
- North Methodist Parish
The entire journey will be Vlogged. There will be special videos created for those that empower at least 1 person. The footage will be compiled into a documentary, that will be premiered in Christchurch in March 2020.
How us kiwis will benefit from this project?
- The project will become a living memorial in honor of the 51 lives lost
- Kiwi youth will gain a sense of responsibility and a sense of empowerment from this project
- The love Christchurch showed, can be distributed to the rest of the world
- The victims’ families will get closure from the video recordings of the empowerment process
If you believe in empowerment, kindly share what you can.
More about us below,
Feel free to ask us any questions.
M: 022 176 2712
1 Micro-Business = $392NZD
Some examples of the micro-businesses,
- Tea stalls: Vendors selling tea and snacks
- Sewing Machines: Women empowered to sell clothing in the local market
- Portable carts: Which can be used to sell vegetable and fruit
The support shown under 10 days 17 August 2019
Thank you so much to everyone who believes in equity. The support shown so far gives us greater motivation to carry out this project to the best of our abilities. We cannot wait to bring the impact created by you, to Aotearoa, New Zealand.