Island Bay Residents Association Judicial Review against WCC for Cycleway, our fight for democracy.
- $3,826.00 donated
- 48 generous donors
Time for Action! If every person who is not happy with current cycleway designs donates $1 we will achieve our funding goal in no time.
Four times now 80% of submitters have told Wellington City Council the solution they want is what has become known as option E. Four times they have been ignored.
Reseal the parade approx. cost $280,000.00 based on Council figures for 2016 where they spent $9.5million resealing 68km of road.
2. Move the bus stops back to where they were, this involve breaking up the kerb extensions the Council put on and re kerbing approx. half a km of the parade.
3. Put unmarked car parking back against the kerb, no markings equate to more carparks.
4. Clearly paint using green or another colour a cycleway on the roadside of parked cars, increasing the width by .5 of a metre from the original cycleway design.
5. In the shopping centre retain the current shared space and carparks.
6. Look at reducing the speed limit along the parade.
7. Remove the speed humps around the shopping centre and lower the height of the pedestrian crossings.
8. Retain pedestrian crossings on the parade.
9. To be confirmed but and indicative costing would be no more than $750, 000.00 thousand.
Enough is enough its time for Action we are taking the Council to court, help us in our fight for Democracy. If every person who is not happy with current cycleway designs donates $1 we will achieve our funding goal in no time.
Use of Funds:
The funds will be used to pay for legal costs and expert testimony for the Judicial Review.
Page created by:
Island Bay Residents Association
Funds will be paid to a verified bank account of Island Bay Residents Association.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×