LIFE is the greatest Christmas gift EVER!!!24 December 2019
On the 24th of December 2018 I shared my journey I have walked since 2015. At the time I didn’t think Id be here........in this moment, a year on…strong physically, in mind, spirit, fit, healthy, happy, & even more full of life!
I am filled with the best of emotions as I reflect on the last year and the beautiful korowai of love, support & friendship that has held me in its embrace since – I am HERE!!! – WE are HERE!!! – Its hard to explain the extent of how I feel but LOVE is the strongest and it comes from all of my heart!!
In the last year together, we have raised funds that have enabled me to progressively get better in my mind, heart & spirit which in turn is progressively helping me medically.
A year on the tumours have decreased in size, the CT markers have come down from 104 in October 2018 to 47 in October 2019.
My Oncologist usually a poker faced (borderline glum) man was trying to hide a smile back from me at my last visit in November - but I genuinely saw joy in his eyes as he said "Keep doing what you are doing"
We made it to Australia for various alternative treatment & I plan to keep going every 2 months. My Angel on earth & Integrated Nutritionist/Cancer Specialist has my 2020 plan ready to go & God has totally got my back!!!!
My Givealittle page will close tomorrow, but I wanted to express my love & gratitude for EVERYTHING you have been for me in 2019 and will continue to be for in my heart always.
2019 - What a year!!! Looking back (in order)to the steps that got me HERE:
1. God, church & joy in a tough situation that guided me to everything here on…
2. Met Kayte Boyd, Integrated Nutritionist/Cancer specialist who encouraged me to share my journey & story via https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/live-life and my nutrition & supplementation plan.
3. Christmas 2018 morning waking to givealittle messages of love, support & being uplifted by so many people & experiencing the extent of love.
4. Fundraisers & communities coming together for love, for me and for eachother.
• LIFE WoD - CrossFit Community
• B’Rave for ME - Wynyard Quarter Community
• LeeGainz - Industrial Athletic Speed rope for Hope
• Arnolds messages of Love - Strongman Community
• Hangs with Ken Block & Mad Mike Fundraiser - Motorsport Community
• Various Friends Fundraisers,
5. Goal Setting – CrossFit & Strongman Competitions
• Arnolds Strongman/Woman Australian Classic U65 Women
• Crusaders Team CrossFit Competition
• East Tamaki Duets CrossFit Competion
• Discipline Games Funtional Fitness Team Competition
• 2Toa Pairs CrossFit Competition
• Auckland Highland Games Strongman/Woman Competition
6. Healing broken relationships & letting go of toxic ones
7. Integrated Doctors, Holistic health & well-being
8. The Hui Documentary sharing my journey & spreading messages of hope
9. Raising enough funding for alternative treatment in the Gold Coast
10. Meeting & making new friends with many on their own journeys, sharing coffee, hugs & love.
I have an amazing team of specialists (Doctors, Oncologists, Integrated Specialists, Chiropractor) on my side who I am so lucky to have met and will continue to keep hanging out with to beat this! – I am a walking miracle #TYJ
Below are some highlights from the fundraisers, The Hui Documentary & the awesome speed rope that will be available for an unlimited time.
I have also contributed to a Breast Cancer Foundation podcast series talking about mindset, attitude, exercise & strength which will be out in 2020.
• A Beautiful Soul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lst6rMzNBqM&t=20s
• The Hui: https://vimeo.com/341272407/4f3d345f7f
• Ken Block: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw3-1d_DX7T/
LOVE, LAUGH, LIVE - Always xxx