Our Kiwi Brother is critical in ICU at Bangkok Hospital Phuket and needs your help!
Please help me raise the funds for Hamish to release financial pressure from medical & associated costs while recovering from brain surgery.Waikato
We are shocked and saddened with the sudden news on April 26th 2019 that our loving 45 year old NZ son, brother, dad, and uncle (Hamish) suffered a life threatening brain aneurysm on his first night on holiday in PHUKET. He is currently in the ICU high dependency unit in a Phuket hospital recovering from a major 6 hour operation to clip the aneurysm. Unfortunately it has turned out to be an incomplete aneurysm and he is looking at another procedure in Bangkok to coil the remainder after his 3 week recovery in ICU in Phuket. Hamish is making small progress but has setbacks every few days with debilitating headaches due to vasospasm in his brain post op. He is undergoing physio daily and is working hard towards his independence (which is unfortunately a while away). We do not know his long term prognosis.
Hamish is an awesome man who is very loving and caring. He always tries to make you laugh and he is a neat brother, son, uncle and friend. He works in the mines in Australia and was just beginning his weeks leave when he had his first ever seizure. His travel insurance for medical costs has been accepted but the unexpected costs associated with being hospitalised with a life threatening health condition in a foreign country are enormous. There are extensive costs to family as we travelled to Phuket to be with Hamish and as it stands he needs at least 1 family member with him during his recovery in Phuket and the next procedure in Bangkok. He also requires a family member to accompany him back to Australia once he is fit to fly the long distance. We don't have a time frame of how long he will be in Thailand or what his future holds.
Please help support Hamish and our family as we do all we can to be there for him and take care of him.
Kia Kaha Hamish. We are sending love and light 💕
Use of funds
Initially we thought he needed $50k to cover op costs before they would operate. They’ve gone ahead. We do not know exactly all the other associated costs as yet. He has to recover for at least 3 weeks after his surgery.
His travel insurance for medical costs has been accepted but the unexpected costs associated with being hospitalised with a life threatening health condition in a foreign country are enormous
Hamish was medically repatriated back to Perth on Saturday and has been in hospital since. He has undergone an angiogram and it was then decided to do anther procedure. This was done yesterday. Hamish had a stent and coils inserted in the aneurysm site as it was incomplete. He is doing really well and will be discharged from hospital soon.
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 26 Apr 2019 and closed on 3 Jun 2019.