Donating $5 towards planting a tree The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is today!Taranaki
- The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago..the second best time is today!
- Timaru Stream, Lower Weld Road, Tataraimaka, Taranaki, Aotearoa.
- A tree will be planted with many thanks
- Tree species may be requested considering suitability to the area - Coastal, seasonal wetland area..
Some examples are:
- Harakeke, Phormium tenax (Flax)
- Tī kōuka, Cordyline australis (Cabbage tree)
- Toetoe, Cortaderia fulvida/toetoe
- Hoheria (Lacebark)
- Kohuhu, Pittosporum (Lemonwood)
- Pōhutukawa, Metrosideros excels (NZ Christmas Tree)
Why do this..
- To enhance the area of Lower Weld Rd, Tataraimaka. Where the mouth of the Timaru Stream meets the sea
- Trees provide us with Oxygen
- Potentially further projects around local/public areas can be planted with more trees...
Tēnā rawa atu koe
Use of funds
Funds will be used to purchase a Native tree seedling from a local Taranaki Nursery, most likely Atawhai or Big Jims nursery...or any nusery suggested..and the tree will be planted on the coast of Taranaki
I would like to re open this page as I would like to continue its use and make a few changes, which have been made and saved to the description. I would like to continue using this page to promote the management of the environment.
I would like the page to close on the 25/12/2020.
FundraiseYou can start a fundraiser to have your own page that raises money directly for the beneficiary.
Got a question for the page owner?Ask one here
Want to display a QR code that links to this page?Grab a QR Code
Any concerns?Report this page
This page was created on 13 Dec 2017 and closes on 25 Dec 2020.