Main image

Pukehina Surf Rescue Club New Build Project


$590 donated
Given by 7 generous donors in over a year

Donate as part of the club's wider fundraising of $3.6 m (450,000 already raised). Other sources of funds include grants, sponsorship etc.

Main image
  Bay of Plenty

Pukehina Surf Rescue Club is a small club with a BIG job. Covering ~50km of coastline and with a wide catchment of members from the local community and as far away as Rotorua and Tokoroa, our focus is on PREVENTING drowning and educating the beach-going public. This focus on prevention has resulted in the number of rescues reducing over time.

The current building is no longer fit for purpose. It doesn't meet building codes and it's too small for the club membership, resulting in lack of indoor training and first aid facilities and equipment that has to sit outside, exposed to the elements. The functionality is poor for a rescue organisation and essential rescue equipment is not easily accessible. In addition, there is restricted visibility of the Waihi Estuary Bar, where many accidents occur.

The club has received resource consent from the council, has undertaken preliminary drawings and the high level costings obtained. An independent feasibility study has been funded and this has confirmed the need for a new building. The project is now GO. It is estimated it will take 2 years to raise the funding necessary for this project and although 60% of the funding for this approx $3.6m project will be provided by large public grants, the remaining 40% will be a mix of smaller grants, sponsorship and goodwill of people who see the need to support such a project.

About us

Provides surf lifeguarding assistance and support to Pukehina beach-goers and local communities.

Use of funds

Money raised will be directly funding the build. Any surplus of the overall fundraising will go to the surf club operational budget.

Other page links


Latest update

Our project build summer campaign is launching  10 October 2020

Posted by: Pukehina Surf Rescue Lifeguard Service Incorporated

We were about to launch this Givealittle page when Covid-19 struck. So, we paused the kick-off until there was more certainty around the situation. Our summer campaign is kicking off on Labour Weekend (on Sunday) with a Street Party at Pukehina. Come down from 3.30 pm with some cash ($10 entry fee) for food, music. Contact building@pukehinasurfrescue.co.nz for more details.

Read 1 more update  |  Share this update


Latest donations

Karen
Karen on 30 May 2021
$20
Guest Donor
Guest Donor on 29 Mar 2021
$250
Pukehina Surf Rescue Lifeguard Service Incorporated

Thanks very much for your donation - much appreciated!

Pukehina Surf Rescue Lifeguard Service Incorporated
Michele
Michele on 01 Jan 2021
I missed the collector this morning, January 1st
$100
Tekton Builders
Tekton Builders on 12 Mar 2020
$100
Guest Donor
Guest Donor on 12 Mar 2020
$5

Who's involved?

Pukehina Surf Rescue Lifeguard Service Incorporated's avatar
Created by, and paying to a verified bank account of, Pukehina Surf Rescue Lifeguard Service Incorporated (Charity)

Registered Charity A Registered Charity has legal recognition under the Charities Act 2005.
Tax credit Donations of over $5 are eligible for a New Zealand charitable giving tax credit.
Page Moderated The page has been checked by our team to make sure it complies with our terms and conditions.

Fundraise

You can start a fundraiser to have your own page that raises money directly for the beneficiary.

Want to get in touch with Pukehina Surf Rescue Lifeguard Service Incorporated?

Ask a question here

Want to display a QR code that links to this page?

Grab a QR Code

Any concerns?

Report this page
This page was created on 10 Mar 2020 and closes on 8 Mar 2022.
Share
Share a link to this page to help spread the word

  Facebook

  Twitter

  LinkedIn

  Email

  Copy Link

  Embed

  QR Code

×