Battered Women's Trust is a Christchurch based women's refuge supporting women & children to live safe & healthy lives, free of violence.
Our Free and Confidential Services Include:
* A FREE 24 hour crisis line 0800 REFUGE
* Safe emergency accommodation
* Transition Safe Housing
* Confidential listening and support
* Advocacy at Police, legal, court, Work and
Income, housing, doctors, CYF meetings
* Referrals to sympathetic counsellors, doctors
and lawyers and other support services
* 10 WEEK Education group provides women with knowledge and understanding to move towards a life free from violence
* Support groups for women and children focusing on self esteem building and self care
* We can provide information and presentations
to community groups, schools and workplaces.
More about us
Battered Women's Trust is an affiliated women's refuge in Christchurch supporting women & children to live safe & healthy lives, free of family violence.
Anyone can call Battered Women’s Trust for advice at any time of the day, whether you are seeking advice, concerned about someone or whether you need help yourself. We help in crisis and non-crisis situations.