Cheeky Kea is dedicated to helping the disabled and disadvantaged attain financial freedom through self-managed career opportunities.
Bay of Plenty
The Cheeky Kea Charitable Trust is a New Zealand-based non-profit social enterprise dedicated to helping the disabled and disadvantaged attain financial freedom through self-driven and self-managed career opportunities. We help those who might otherwise be invisible to write their own success stories.
Our primary goals are:
1. To help people with disabilities and/or socio-economic disadvantages attain financial independence.
2. To alleviate poverty through education, by helping disadvantaged persons train to start their own businesses or participate in the international freelance market.
3. To help alleviate poverty specific to the arts sector, by helping creators access the resources and information they need to reach financial and creative success.
4. To bring together communities with a language barrier and make the world a more friendly place for all.
5. To remove limitations in any way we can for people who have few other options.
The Cheeky Kea Charitable Trust is dedicated to helping those who have limited options explore the opportunities of self-employment. We help those who can't work due to disability, age, or socio-economic disadvantage to write their own success stories.
Our official Charities registration came through! 14 July 2018
Exciting times here at Cheeky Kea. We've been a registered charitable trust since February, but becoming an actual legitimate, fully-fledged charity takes much longer than that. Well, we finally heard back from the Department of Internal Affairs, and it was approved! Cheeky Kea a go-go!