Community Networks Wanaka is a resource hub for social wellbeing services and community development. Not for profit & unique to Wanaka!
Community Networks is Wanaka's unique one-stop centre offering social services, information and advice throughout the Upper Clutha area. Operated by the Alpine Community Development Trust, Community Networks supports the whole community and is run by a small staff and many volunteers. Whether you are from New Zealand or overseas we can provide information on and are a satellite base for a whole range of Social Services. Part of the services we offer are: Heartland Services, JP clinics, community social worker, foodbank, budgeting advice, counselling referrals, Wheels to Dunstan courtesy coach and free access to Government websites. Regular visits from IRD, Community Law, Senior Services, Volunteering Central, Wanaka Timebank.
The Community Foodbank:
- This can be accessed by referral and self-referral at any time during pur operating hours
Arrange appointments with:
- Wheels to Dunstan Bus (transfers to Dunstan & Dunedin Hospitals)
- IRD (visit monthly)
- Community Law (visit monthly)
- Justices of the Peace (visit twice weekly)
- Social workers for all ages and issues
- The Companionship Service for Older People
- IT Training for Older People
- Volunteering Central - for opportunities to volunteer in your local community
- Budget Advice and Financial Capability Mentors
- Subsidised GP vouchers
- Total Mobility Scheme (subsidised local transport)
- Local counselling and mental health services, including subsidised counselling
- Work and Income
- Legal Aid
- Support groups
- Health professionals
More about us
The Alpine Community Development Trust is the governing body for Community Networks Wanaka and LINK Upper Clutha. Our mission is to maintain a community development hub that coordinates, connects, and enable community wellbeing in the Upper Clutha.
Community Networks and LINK are involved in the Covid 19 emergency response, with our staff leading the local welfare team and providing direct support. While central and local government coordinate the overall response, they rely on community partners like us to connect with residents. .
Other page links
Hi Thank you for this donation. Jigsaw is now called Central Lakes Family Services (CLFS) which is a separate organisation from Community Networks (CN). This donation can either be used by CN for subsidised counselling or if you would prefer these funds go to CLFS please contact givealittle to arrange for this donation to be withdrawn. Many thanks