Community Networks Wanaka is a resource hub for social wellbeing services and community development. Not for profit & unique to Wanaka!
Community Networks is Wanaka's unique one-stop centre offering social services, information and advice throughout the Upper Clutha area. Operated by the Alpine Community Development Trust, Community Networks supports the whole community and is run by a small staff and many volunteers. Whether you are from New Zealand or overseas we can provide information on and are a satellite base for a whole range of Social Services. Part of the services we offer are: Heartland Services, JP clinics, community social worker, foodbank, budgeting advice, counselling referrals, Wheels to Dunstan courtesy coach and free access to Government websites. Regular visits from IRD, Community Law, Senior Services, Volunteering Central, Wanaka Timebank.
The Community Foodbank:
- This can be accessed by referral and self-referral at any time during pur operating hours
Arrange appointments with:
- Wheels to Dunstan Bus (transfers to Dunstan & Dunedin Hospitals)
- IRD (visit monthly)
- Community Law (visit monthly)
- Justices of the Peace (visit twice weekly)
- Social workers for all ages and issues
- The Companionship Service for Older People
- IT Training for Older People
- Volunteering Central - for opportunities to volunteer in your local community
- Budget Advice and Financial Capability Mentors
- Subsidised GP vouchers
- Total Mobility Scheme (subsidised local transport)
- Local counselling and mental health services, including subsidised counselling
- Work and Income
- Legal Aid
- Support groups
- Health professionals
More about us
Community Networks Wanaka is your local resource hub for social wellbeing services and community development. Not for profit and unique to the Upper Clutha area.
Other page links
The team at Community Networks thanks you very much for your generous donation.