Glenorchy’s only church is often referred to as the Mission Hall. The name is a reflection of its origins when it was built in 1889 by the
Services are held twice a month. On the third Sunday at 3pm a Protestant service is held, led alternately by Anglican and Presbyterian ministers. On the fourth Sunday at 4pm there is a Catholic Mass.
The church is available for those wanting an intimate setting for special events such as weddings, baptisms or vow renewals.
This little church has never been owned by any denomination so has always relied on the efforts of concerned locals for its upkeep. In 2009/10 a major restoration was undertaken to ensure the survival of the building as a spiritual base for locals and visitors.