The Dream Trust was established in order to give back to the communities around us through donations and volunteer time.
To date The Dream Trust has supported a heap of deserving people who just need a little helping hand in life. Some of the people and organisations we have helped out to date include:
• Donated a bathroom for the rebuild of Cholmondeley House in Governors Bay after it was damaged in the Christchurch earthquakes. The House provides short term care for children whose families may be experiencing mental health issues, a physical illness, natural disasters or family violence issues.
• Supported four Kiwi kids for a year through KidsCan. Donations go towards food, shoes and raincoats for children living in poverty within New Zealand.
• Donated to the build of a Micro-Hydro-System project in Vanuatu. The project will help build sustainable rural livelihoods and strengthen national economic development.
• Adopted a step on the Mahanga-Tui Track through Zealandia, who are working on returning its 225 hectare forested valley in Wellington to its pre-human state.
• Emergency Health Kits through OXFAM for the survivors of Typhoon Haiyan.
• Cooked for the children and families at Ronald McDonald House in Christchurch. Ronald McDonald house provides families throughout NZ with stability and resources while supporting a hospitalised child.
• All Hands Volunteers who provided much-needed aid after Typhoon Haiyan.
• Holly House in Christchurch which is a residential and educational service that supports young mothers and their babies.
• ENGEO Movember team who raised a grand total of $4,241. Movemeber is aimed at raising awareness of men’s health across the world.
• Medicine Mondiale who manage a global network of scientific, clinical and business experts who donate their knowledge and time to develop medical solutions which make quality healthcare accessible to everyone.
• ENGEO ‘The Crank’ team who raised over $4,500 for CanTeen. CanTeen supports young New Zealanders whose lives have been affected by cancer.
• Donated rugby balls and Frisbees to various groups.
• Supported a victim of the Canterbury earthquakes in her goal of being able to walk again.
• Helped a family to buy a modified van in order to be able to transport their daughter’s wheel chair.
• Made a donation to the restoration of the Old Ghost Road mountain bike and tramping track. It is also planned to spend a weekend away offering our time and hands helping to build the track.
More about us
Founded in 2013, The Dream Trust was established by the employees at ENGEO out of their desire to give back to the communities that have helped ENGEO grow into the company it is today. The Dream Trust is funded directly by the individual employees at ENGEO, ENGEO itself and anyone else who would like to support the organisation. The Dream Trust isn’t just about raising funds either, the staff at ENGEO love to get their sleeves rolled and hands dirty while helping the community where ever we are needed.
Check out what The Dream Trust has been up to throughout 2015 (sorry you will need to copy and paste the link): http://www.flipsnack.com/rkingengeo/the-dream-trust-summary-2015-ftmszqwyj.html