Touch Compass is fundraising for our inclusive childrens musical theatre production of Madagascar in April 2019. Please help us.
In April 2019, Touch Compass, New Zealand’s leading inclusive performing arts organisation combining artists with and without a disability, will present the Disney Kids musical, MADAGASCAR.
Youth theatre can be very expensive and a barrier for families with children with disabilities. With your help we're hoping our presentation of Madagascar will be available to everyone.
Madagascar will offer an opportunity:
- for kids who have disabilities and kids who don’t, working together, appreciating each other’s skills and talents
- to build confidence and learn skills that are transferable (e.g. improved social skills, fine and gross motor skills, listening skills, following instructions.)
- to take part in a one hour show, as opposed to a 3-5 minute performance as part of a show.
- to gain a sense of well being through taking part in an activity that fosters personal creativity.
- to learning dance and performance skills that they can use in other areas of their life.
- to be involved eg backstage, technical, stage management
- for differently abled youth who enjoy dance and performance to be involved in a proper show in a main role
Please give today.
More about us
Touch Compass is a performing arts organisation providing opportunities to New Zealanders both with and without a disability, for over 20 years. We are a charity with a mission to educate and promote diversity through the lens of disability.
We work creatively with performers, supporters, partners and the community to develop and deliver impactful inclusive performance programmes which inspire engagement, excitement and a deep sense of pride and achievement for participants, audiences and collaborators.