Youth Alive Trust works with hundreds of young people and families on the east of Christchurch every week.
We provide weekly clubs, work in 4 local schools, run 3 holiday programmes, various camps, youthworker support at New Brighton Library, offer Mentoring, counselling, help run large Community Events, provide music lessons, parenting and pre-school support and offer Volunteer Training & Support.
We believe in the "fence at the top of the hill" rather than the "ambulance at the bottom". We'll never know the true effect our work has had on the lives of young people, their families, and future generations but we continue to grow after 25 years in the same community, working with thousands of young people.
We are a Youth and Community Development Agency based on the East of Christchurch, that serves hundreds of children, young people and families every week, through our many programmes!
We currently do this through 10 key areas:
1) Weekly Youth Clubs including: Boys Club (Years 1 – 6), Girls Club (Years 1 – 6), Kitchen Klub (Years 6-9), Craft Club (Years 6 – 9), Rock Solid (Years 7 – 8), Surge (Years 9 – 13), Basketball (Years 4 – 13), Dance Fitness and a Daily OSCAR (Years 5 - 8).
2) School Programmes supporting the students in class, on lunchtimes, and through extra curricula activities at Rawhiti Primary School.
3) Holiday Programmes run for three different age categories, Years 1 – 4, 5 – 9 one week every school holidays and Years 9 – 13 in December and July.
4) Camps on overnight and weekends away throughout the year, such as Easter Camp, Winter Camp, Famine Sleepover, AMPED Camp, Father Son Camps and Mother Daughter Camps.
5) One-On-One Counselling and Mentoring support, in school and in the community.
6) Mana Ake. Wellbeing support for individuals, groups and whanau in local primary schools.
7) Community Events such as the I Love New Brighton, School Fairs, EPIC Dance Parties, Family Fun Night and 3x3 Basketball competition.
8) Parenting & Pre-school Programmes and partnerships such as Playgroups, Breast-feeding Drop In, Parenting Toolbox Courses, Parenting Seminars and Babysitting Training.
9) Amplify Music School Instrument Lessons, Youth Bands and Recording Studio.
10) Volunteer Training & Support which builds leaders in our community, through helping our events and programmes and training events. We also host interns.