Youth Alive Trust works with hundreds of young people and families on the east of Christchurch every week.
We provide weekly clubs, work in 4 local schools, run 3 holiday programmes, various camps, youthworker support at New Brighton Library, offer Mentoring, counselling, help run large Community Events, provide music lessons, parenting and pre-school support and offer Volunteer Training & Support.
We believe in the "fence at the top of the hill" rather than the "ambulance at the bottom". We'll never know the true effect our work has had on the lives of young people, their families, and future generations but we continue to grow after 25 years in the same community, working with thousands of young people.
We are a Youth and Community Development Agency based on the East of Christchurch, that serves hundreds of children, young people and families every week, through our many programmes!
We currently do this through 10 key areas:
1) Weekly Youth Clubs including: Boys Club (Years 1 – 6), Girls Club (Years 1 – 6), Kitchen Klub (Years 6-9), Craft Club (Years 6 – 9), Rock Solid (Years 7 – 8), Surge (Years 9 – 13), Basketball (Years 4 – 13), Dance Fitness and a Daily OSCAR (Years 5 - 8).
2) School Programmes supporting the students in class, on lunchtimes, and through extra curricula activities at Rawhiti Primary and South New Brighton Primary Schools.
3) Holiday Programmes run for three different age categories, Years 1 – 4, 5 – 9 one week every school holidays and Years 9 – 13 December, January and April.
4) Camps on overnight and weekends away throughout the year, such as Easter Camp, Winter Camp, Famine Sleepover, AMPED Camp, Father Son Camp and Mother Daughter Camp.
5) One-On-One Counselling and Mentoring,support, in school and in the community.
6) Library Youthwork Support in New Brighton everyday after school, on weekends, and school holidays.
7) Community Events such as the I Love New Brighton, School Fairs, EPIC Dance Parties, Family Fun Night and 3x3 Basketball.
8) Parenting & Pre-school Programmes and partnerships such as Playgroups, Breast-feeding Drop In, Parenting Toolbox Courses, Parenting Seminars and Babysitting Training.
9) Amplify Music School Instrument Lessons, Youth Bands and Recording Studio.
10) Volunteer Training & Support which builds leaders in our community, through helping our events and programmes and training events. We also host interns.
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×