We're restoring Drewry & Co. DSA 218 for use on our Heritage Railway in Tinwald, Ashburton
DSA 218 arrived in New Zealand in 1953 and was one of only two Drewry built DSA's originally assigned to the South Island. After a long career spanning three operators, NZR, The Ohai Railway Board and The Alliance Freezing Works in Pukeuri the Ashburton Railway and Preservation Society has purchased the locomotive for restoration.
The DSA is in need of some minor mechanical work, some new batteries and a full repaint - so every dollar helps!
Providing a look back through the ages for young and old and showing people how things used to be done by running our railway and putting our vintage machinery collection to use