Running to do good.
Today I turned 34. Before I turn 35 in a year's time, I've decided to attempt the below challenge in an effort to raise funds for Cure Kids NZ, the Cancer Research Trust NZ, and the World Wildlife Fund NZ.
1. Run every day for the next year
2. Run 3000km in the next year
3. Run one marathon per month for the next year
1. To raise funds for three causes that I believe in
2. To challenge myself to achieve something special in my 35th year of life.
3. To do something good that I can tell my two boys about.
- Cure Kids NZ. Child health research to help improve, extend and save the lives of Kiwi kids living with serious illnesses and conditions.
- The Cancer Research Trust NZ. Research to help fight cancer, a disease which has affected some of my closest family members.
- The World Wildlife Fund NZ. Protecting wildlife and the environment.
Completing each part of the challenge would be tough on its own, but putting them all together will undoubtedly be one of the hardest things I've done in my life. Any and all support will be greatly appreciated. Updates will be posted monthly on Facebook and Instagram, with daily runs uploaded to Strava.
Day 203 16 April 2022
After 194 consecutive days of running, a patella tendon strain has forced me to modify the goals.
In order to manage the injury and keep playing football, I've decided to cycle every day from Day 195 to Day 365. My amazing wife Holly, who hates running, decided that this would become a team challenge and is going to run every day from Day 195 to Day 365.
Thank you Raegan.