We aim to facilitate a positive, healthy and resilient future for Blueskin Bay and linked communities and promote sustainable resource use.
Jeanette Fitzsimons is our patron.
We work to strengthen our communities in the immediate, mid and long-term future, with emphasis on energy, food, water and community resilience.
To achieve this, we give free energy advice, organize insulation flash-mobs and provide local climate change action; we work on low carbon transport solutions, collaborate to build a model relocatable cosy home to demonstrate housing for the future and support the Cosy Homes Trust; we aim to build a wind farm to generate local renewable electricity and income that can be reinvested in positive community projects, provide expert advocacy and much more.
Creating local climate solutions together.
We were founded in 2008 with the vision to facilitate a positive, healthy, secure and resilient future for Blueskin Bay and linked communities and promote sustainable resource use.
Our mission is to act to strengthen our communities in the immediate, mid and long-term future, with emphasis on energy, food, water and community resilience.
Our objectives are:
1. To develop and administer projects that provide education, support and resources to maximise locally based sustainable provision of energy, food, and water.
2. To develop and administer projects that provide education, support and resources to minimise energy use, encourage healthy homes and encourage sustainable households.
3. To secure and manage funding to achieve the stated goals of the Trust, and to stimulate local sustainable economic activity.
4. To develop and maintain relationships to achieve the stated goals of the Trust.
5. To ensure community partnership in any enterprises initiated by the Trust and to aim for the most equitable use of resources.
6. To foster linkages between organisations with objectives similar to, or complementary to, the Trust’s own Vision and Objectives.
7. The Trust’s goals and activity will always remain charitable.
- Givealittle moderated
- Donor validated
- New Zealand registered charity
- Eligible for tax credit
Donor Confidence Key
Givealittle values the importance of an informed decision when making a donation. We check to make sure that adequate information is provided to donors and that pages comply with our terms and conditions. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
A page becomes donor validated when it receives donations from at least three different sources. Pages are not browseable nor searchable until moderated and donor validated. For more information, check out this support article.
New Zealand registered charity
Is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Charity Services (formerly Charities Commission) as a charity.
Tax credit eligibility
Has been granted 'donee status' by Inland Revenue (IRD). Donors to a page with tax credit eligibility may be able to apply for a tax credit.×